OG’s check in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG’s check in!

Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG MMM car is going to get a LQ4 swap hopefully soon, got the motor and subframe, just looking for a t56 and a few other things. Things got put on hold due to kids and life but I’m starting to get back into it. Might document the (slow) drift build, almost have all parts acquired.
    Last edited by SixShooter'00Camaro; 07-14-2024, 10:01 PM.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Welcome back, there’s a few who drop in once in a while.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Still active and I still have both birds.

Comment

Good to see some action still going on here. I reference this site often for the new guys getting into these cars on the v6 Facebook page. I’m going to try and post more often.
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

Which v6 facebook page is the most active for the 4th gens?
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro View Post
            Which v6 facebook page is the most active for the 4th gens?
            You still in AZ? Azfba is active in AZ. I think there’s a facebook for this site as well.

08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post

You still in AZ? Azfba is active in AZ. I think there’s a facebook for this site as well.
              Yep, still here!
              I wanted to get in touch with you specifically as well. Did you use the ebay turbo kit hot side for your setup?
              I want to figure out how to to put one in without losing my AC/Heat.

DM me if you want, but looking for what exactly interferes and what needs to be removed.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Yes, used the hot side headers off the eBay turbo kit, then my Garrett GT35r turbo, tial 50mm Bov and Tial 35mm watergate , custom 3” downpipe and eBay intercooler. I have a PA tubular K member and A arms so a lot more room. I’ve seen on some YouTube videos where one guy kept his A/C but he had a shop do the turbo kit. I suppose I could have tried to keep it but wouldn’t have had 3” downpipe going over the K member. I just deleted the A/C and brackets, had to move the power steering res. A little bit , if not already need to delete the EGR. And the biggest problem, you have to notch the hood for the turbo or get a cowl hood to fit the turbo. I notched it then later on got the cowl hood. I used a 2.5” Hardwood cowl hood. Have to make sure the hoods have the clearance for the turbo. My Camaro SS 3” hood didn’t clear it since it’s pretty much at the bottom of the hood.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 3 days ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                  Head light up grade for a 1997 Camaro
                  by Kubes
                  I notice a lot of headlight assemblies on amazon for 1998-2002 but zero for 1997. Am I to assume it’s not possible to upgrade from my 4 rusted out light...
                  1 day ago
                • Kubes
                  Exploding starters
                  by Kubes
                  Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                  i bought this car a couple...
                  2 weeks ago
                • 2.8 Bird
                  Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                  by 2.8 Bird
                  It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                  2 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  Found some led reverse bulbs
                  by ssms5411
                  My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                  3 weeks ago
                • Fruitgrower231
                  Having some electrical issues
                  by Fruitgrower231
                  95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X