I am back in the (3800) v6 fbody game! Hopefully this post is gold to someone later. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am back in the (3800) v6 fbody game! Hopefully this post is gold to someone later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I’ve already done the Walbro way back when I was running the giggle gas. Hopefully it fires right up after 8+ years of dormancy.
    Plan is probably ~7 psi on a cheap gas tune (new driver teenager might even need 1-2 psi haha) hopefully ~14 psi+ on 91.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0922.jpeg
Size:	990.3 KB
ID:	1579542
      Does this o-ring look familiar? I don’t think if missed any but this was in my gasket pile. I accidentally got the supercharged gasket kit so it could be for that, or just something I mixed in over the years. But now I’m paranoid!

1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Is that for the Thermostat housing?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I’m pretty sure my thermostat housing uses a gasket and not an o-ring. Do some of them have an o-ring?
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Thermo O-ring between the UIM and LIM.
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Yes just looked it up it’s a gasket, probably something left over or for the supercharger then.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                Yes that’s true,

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                  I think that one is thicker. I know I installed that one, it is right here:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.JPG
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	1579549
                  1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

You’re alright, yeah the new ones are orange, so it’s in there. That black oring is probably stock. I was getting ready to look at your pictures.

Comment

And my memory is crap, we only have 1 of those plastic coolant elbows (under the TB area in the lower intake manifold) on the 97’s right? The metal ones come in a pack of 2, so I’m making sure.
                      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Yes just one, the alm. elbows work, I get the AC Delco ones from Rockauto, the Orings are a little thicker and you can order just the single one you need. I think I posted a thread awhile back on them with pics.

Comment

Here’s the Gm part number 19310305 around $5 at Rockauto. The Orings are thicker than Dorman . I had the Dorman fail on me after 6 months. I found my thread and there is a picture of them side by side.

Comment

This is awesome, love seeing stuff like this. My girls (3 and 6) are starting to show an interest in dads old cars so we’re working on reviving one of them.
                            3M MAFIA
                            ________
                            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X