My Car Was Robbed!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Car Was Robbed!!!!!!

I was about to go to work this morning and saw that my door was popped open a little bit. When I got closer I saw that someone stole my $850 DVD/CD in dash 7" touch screen Clarion. Ahhhhh this **** makes me so mad. The only good thing about this whole thing is they didnt rip up my interior getting it out or break anything getting in. I called the cops and filed a report and they lifted some good prints off the window so I guess we'll see what happens. Im hoping that I can get my insurance company to pay for it. Does anyone know if the deductable applys to stolen items or is that just for damage?

Re: My Car Was Robbed!!!!!!

it applies to stolen items if your policy covers it. I have replaced many a stolen radio and broken door windows payed by insurance.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I'm not sure about the insurance, i thought that was always for damages and there was another category for theft. I feel for you man, it sucks to work hard for something and then some other @$$hole takes the easy way out and takes someone else's property. My two good friends got robbed, both of them got their stereo systems (subs, amps, Ipod and in-dash) stolen, looks like the guys that robbed them screwed a hole in the door right below the handle and opened it that way. That sucks man, hope everything turns out OK
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Comment

that really sucks... My friend's car was broken into last month and they took his headunit, amp, and subs. He worked really hard to get them and then someone takes it. I hate a thief almost more than anything.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
          it applies to stolen items if your policy covers it. I have replaced many a stolen radio and broken door windows payed by insurance.
          Did they make you pay the deductable?

Comment

They actually broke into you car with the little red light blinking? I thought most people would pass on that. How did they get in there without breaking anything?
            1999 Bright Red A4 3.8L V6 Camaro
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589653
            http://www.myspace.com/jhonathanw

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonathan_W
              They actually broke into you car with the little red light blinking? I thought most people would pass on that. How did they get in there without breaking anything?
              I dont have a blinking light:mad:
              Last edited by Maro99; 05-02-2007, 12:39 AM.

Comment

That's when my badass factory alarm would kick in as soon as they unlock that door!! Not that anyone pays attention to them, but it might make them a little nervous. If I were you I would invest in an alarm system, and if not that at least the blinking light. I don't know if you have tint on your windows but that might help too. If they can't see anything they might pass on it. If they really want something they will take it and I don't know any way of stopping them 100%
                Last edited by Jhonathan_W; 05-01-2007, 06:06 PM.
                1999 Bright Red A4 3.8L V6 Camaro
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589653
                http://www.myspace.com/jhonathanw

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonathan_W
                  That's when my badass factory alarm would kick in as soon as they unlock that door!! Not that anyone pays attention to them, but it might make them a little nervous. If I were you I would invest in an alarm system, and if not that at least the blinking light.
                  Yeah I need to get a new one. I had a factory alarm but it dosent seem to work anymore:cry:

Comment

:poke: No alarm no sympathy :slap:

Seriously hate to hear that kind crap but an 850 stereo in an unprotected car :twak: Go get the prints and the name if they got one from the cops and track that guy down yourself and torture him Jack Bauer style.
                    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

moving to lounge.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

that sucks dude... sorry to hear that. i'd defianatley get an alarm. a few NRA stickers couldn't hurt either...
                        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Maro99
                          Did they make you pay the deductable?
                          Not me, not my car. customer's cars. I'm sure they did pay a deductable. why wouldn't you.
                          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                            Not me, not my car. customer's cars. I'm sure they did pay a deductable. why wouldn't you.
                            People have been telling me that there is a much lower deductable for stolen items rather than for accidents. I dont know thats just what I have been told. Oh well ill find out tomorrow.

Comment

post 7 should be deleted. its common sense if someone googles it they can find out easy what they need to do
                              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                              1994 Camaro - Sold
                              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X