X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEVER BUY FROM TRE performance

Originally posted by v6mOtOrhEAdftOp View Post
    Thanks, it's kinda funny b/c over on ftv6, theya re sticking up for the company. What tools. The onyl time they've even replied to my e-mails is after I put out a claim on paypal. Then they try to get me to close it and then they said they would "send me my shipping abck". Do they think I want jsut the shipping? They sent me a piece of **** pump. I want my full refund back from these jackasses.
    Ahem. If you're going to bring another board into it, tell the entire story.

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=42289

Originally posted by Paul North, representative of TRE Performance
    I was notified of this email by someone on this forum. This customer purchased the pump on a Thursday and the item shipped on a Monday, which was a day later than usual since most of us were in San Antonio for the Final Four. It was sent as advertised in all of our auctions under ebay username tre_performance (1-2 biz days). The customer was told this before the item arrived after he emailed complaining about like this post, and also on the 5th of April, 3 days after it showed up. At no time did this customer specify that the pump was broken or damaged at all. I have not received a single email reply about this either stating anything after professionally pointing out the shipping and processing details. He filed a paypal dispute on the 7th, 5 days after receiving the item, and 2 days after receiving and sending emails to us. One could only assume that since our pumps are packed VERY carefully and since we NEVER have one break in shipping you can only wonder if this customer broke the pump installing it or is just is coming up with a reason so that he can win his dispute since he has no case. The item was insured by the usps, but he never said anything about the damage until the paypal dispute 5 days after receiving the item. The bottom line is we would have cut him a break and split him on the shipping just to be nice, but we had a dispute in our face before we got a response to the email explaining that express mail is not a "next day" service, and that we state "1-2 day shipping processing". If a customer calls us up and pays we will be sure to tell them what our up to the minute shipping is looking like and what your quicker options are. We try our best and have a very good 7000+ positive ebay feedback. If you buy on ebay or our website and don't say anything via email or a phone call to point out your express shipping, then we process when we process all our orders typically early in the day.... but in general we try and get all express items shipped out on the same or the next business day. This was the one of a very few that got to the second day of our stated processing time. Hopefully everyone understands the situation and Robert you are welcome to reply to the email and work with us instead of against us.

Robert B. wrote:
    That sfine, I'll jsut file a suit with apypal, no big deal

If anyone wants copies of the emails and tracking info, I have no problem forwarding them to you.

Regards,

Paul North
    treperformance
    For those too lazy to read the post, basically the OP filed a claim without establishing communication with the other party first, something that both eBay and Paypal both stress before filing a dispute
    Last edited by Smoke Panther; 04-09-2008, 12:20 PM.

Comment

^^ uhhhohhhh:spank:

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post

For those too lazy to read the post, basically the OP filed a claim without establishing communication with the other party first, something that both eBay and Paypal both stress before filing a dispute

I'm not trying to get into this with you and I'm sure you'll respond which is fine but....

The only time they've even replied to my e-mails is after I put out a claim on paypal.
        this leads me to beleive that he tried to establish communication with them by sending mulitple emails and they didn't respond, then he opened a dispute. I've done the same thing before for a phone charger that I bought on ebay that didn't work. Seems acceptable to me

Anyways on a personal note I have had personal and business related communications with the OP and dont know him from anyone else on the site and he has always been very cooperative and helpful.
        Originally posted by kala
        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout View Post
          this leads me to beleive that he tried to establish communication with them by sending mulitple emails and they didn't respond, then he opened a dispute.
          the way that Paypal words it, "communication" is dialogue b/t two parties. Him just sending out emails, does not constitute communication. Furthermore, the OP never specified in this thread how long he waited for a reply...coulda been 2 seconds, coulda been 2 months.

But, if one reads the complete and thorough response TRE Performance gave, here's how the timeline worked:
          • the OP got the part on the 2nd
          • The OP emailed them on the 5th
          • The OP filed a dispute on the 7th

...So why is he allowed to wait 3 days before getting in contact with them about a defective product, but the company only gets 2 days before he throws a claim at them?

Comment

the way that Paypal words it, "communication" is dialogue b/t two parties. Him just sending out emails, does not constitute communication. Furthermore, the OP never specified in this thread how long he waited for a reply...coulda been 2 seconds, coulda been 2 months.

But, if one reads the complete and thorough response TRE Performance gave, here's how the timeline worked:
            • the OP got the part on the 2nd
            • The OP emailed them on the 5th
            • The OP filed a dispute on the 7th

...So why is he allowed to wait 3 days before getting in contact with them about a defective product, but the company only gets 2 days before he throws a claim at them?
            im not on anyones side but i've gotten packages and not installed the part until two days later only to find out it's broken before.

Comment

I actually e-mailed them on the 1st, asking why my part wasn't sent yet. They never responded. I then e-mailed them on the 2nd, no response. I sent 4 e-mails on the third and also called them. they said they would respond to my e-mails and assured me I would be refunded for the extra I paid in shipping. I then e-mailed them on the 5th, 6th and 7th. I called on the 7th to let them know their pump was bad. they told me that they were busy and they would call me back tomorrow.
              Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

and smoked, have you ever bought anythign from them? Go do a search on ls1tech.com and you'll find the same results from about 17 threads
                Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Kleenax View Post
                  im not on anyones side but i've gotten packages and not installed the part until two days later only to find out it's broken before.
                  question still stands

Comment

the way that Paypal words it, "communication" is dialogue b/t two parties. Him just sending out emails, does not constitute communication.
                    he was saying that he was TRYING TO ESTABLISH communication, not actively engaging in it
                    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

either way, I dont really give a **** abotu what smoking panther thinks. I am a very honest person and i believe anyone in my situation would have done the same thing. i can have the guys that are still working on my car (local mechanics) chime in and let you know that they left 6 messages on their voice mail the same day that I tried to have it installed (between 11am EST and 4pm EST) and they never even returned the calls. it was asking about the venturi line (I think that's what it's called)

Comment

I am a very honest person
                        yea, that's why you're having to come back later and give the entire story, only after being confronted with details you've decided to omit, for whatever reason.

Comment

... I didn't read the whole read but skim through it...

I have parts sitting in my home that I have bought months ago... I wouldn't know if it's good until I install it ... so, I think it's normal to have 2 days elapsed and find out the part is bad BUT OP should've at least give them a little more time then two days .... I usually give them three emails and phone calls before i'll file a paypal complaint..... you can catch more bees with honey then vinegar ... I have always try to work something out with the seller and till date I would have to say that I have lost $0 through online buying ....

:)
                          09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Last time I had an issue with a part not showing up from a different vendor, it took about a week of emails back and forth to find out what happened. That's life, they were/are a busy place. I'm not the only person they have going on, not by far. I will be doing more business with them shortly I'm sure of it.

Sucks they won't do an exchange/refund (so it sounds anyway) that is a bummer, but I do think 2 days is too short of time to jump all the way into a dispute. Just seems like if a bit more patience was taken, or if a phone number is/was available go that route. Perhaps before the dispute and threats a replacement could have been arranged.

Bummer, all around. For everybody involved.

Comment

yea, that's why you're having to come back later and give the entire story, only after being confronted with details you've decided to omit, for whatever reason.
                              easy Sherlock...

If someone sent a broken part to any of us im pretty ****in sure we would want it replaced and if it wasn't going to be, we'd be upset too. The dude just wants what he payed his HARD EARNED money for.

Comment

Finally I can respond here. This customer was explained professionally and clearly how things work and pasted the shipping details from the auction immediately when he emailed us on 4/2. He did NOT email us again until 4/4 two days after receiving the item. He then got three more emails sent to him on 4/5 repeating the processing time, and stating that he did not pay for "next day" he paid for express mail 1-2 day. When he claimed that he called and was told it would go out the day after he paid I agreed to refund him for the express shipping even though we did not go against our written processing time for ebay. I then had to cut and paste the disclaimer entered by ebay about the carrier ship times since he assumed he got it the next day. After all this he just says he will have paypal take care of it for him. Only then after another two days does he state the item broke! It was insured and if shipping broke it he could have had his money back. He waited 5 days to mention that however (arrived 4/2, dispute opened 4/7). Then when emailed his story changes and he mentions that it was broken while being installed. He was still offered either a free replacement or a partial refund just to be nice if he simply sent a picture proving it was broken. He has yet to provide the picture and is going around the message boards making up stories to bash us instead agreeing only to a full refund or to us paying to get the item back. I have all the emails for anyone to see who is really being honest here.

Since the public is now all involved in this issue anyways, why don't you post the picture of the pump you broke and want us to pay for? Why aren't you making your mechanic who broke it pay for it?

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Regards,

Paul North
                                treperformance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                  1 week ago
                                • RPDRed6
                                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                  by RPDRed6
                                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  No start problem
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • SixShooter'00Camaro
                                  Revival
                                  by SixShooter'00Camaro
                                  Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X