Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounge

so what is the lounge for if we aren't allowed to post fun threads? Not disputing the locking of threads I'd just like to know what is allowed and what isn't since this doesn't seems to be placed anywhere in the rules. The phrase "dumb **** like this" isn't specific enough.
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...b=agree_review

That is a guideline.

No arguements, discussions allowed

Um, no boosting post count... even though I'm guilty

Some things can be addressed via e mail etc

Any direct questions or topics you are wondering about?
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

No discussion's allowed on a message board? That doesn't make any sense bro.

Actually I was referring to the harmless threads that keep getting locked. Was asking for what was considered a waste of board space so I do not post those?

Also since I feel the rest of the board should know what a waste of board space is considered to be, I did not e-mail a admin to ask but posted this.
        00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai:
          No discussion's allowed on a message board? That doesn't make any sense bro.
          Discussions are fine
          Arguements/ attacks are not

Since becoming a lounge mod... I have only locked one thread.

EX:
          http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=6;t=023201
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I was just reading that, I was wondering why it got locked? Was there something I missed? There was no harm in that, its a lounge, off topic, non-specific talk goes on there.
            And there was another "Goodbye" thread that has nothing to do with anything that is not locked to my knowledge. Just trying to figure out what the hell is going on around here!
            Shane
            00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=6;t=023176

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=6;t=023194

I was more referring to these harmless discussions. I understand locking a thread that should be a private discussion on aim or in the chat, like the one you locked james.

Comment

"The FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com message board is privately-owned. Posting here is a privilege, not a right. As such, we (the administrators and moderators) reserve every right to delete, ban, IP track, or otherwise dispose of bothersome members at the drop of a hat, with no explanation required. While this may seem harsh, if you post appropriately you will find that you should have absolutely no problems. However, come here with the intention of disrupting our friendly gathering area and you will find your posting privilileges taken away, or your IP address banned, or possible legal action; depending on the nature of the violation."

Just be happy we don't have to pay a membership fee.
                New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Your not getting what I'm saying. I'm not complaining about the posts getting locked. I was merely asking for a more specific definition of what is consider a waste of space and shouldn't be posted to the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:

Wait YOU didnt pay the 50 dollar membership fee...???

Comment

Originally posted by GrigoryRasputin:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:

Wait YOU didnt pay the 50 dollar membership fee...??? </font>[/QUOTE]cheap bastard. he should be charged double for not paying.
                      1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Ha, I came in before the whole Membership fee [img]smile.gif[/img]

I can understand the locking of

It serves absolutely no purpose what so ever. Discussions and off-topic posts are great. You learn something new or read something funny. You have to remember that they pay for bandwidth for this site and using up space to post (){&gt;{#)$ is just a waste of money.
                        98 Silver Camaro V6<br />15.238 @91.74 w/ 2.288 60\'<br />Mods: K&N, FTRA, Pacesetter Headers, Spec 3 Clutch, 160 Thermo, TSP Rumbler, 3\" Catco, Whisper Lid, 3.42\'s w/LSD, Aluminum DS, Man Fan Switch<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan:

I can understand the locking of

It serves absolutely no purpose what so ever. Discussions and off-topic posts are great. You learn something new or read something funny. You have to remember that they pay for bandwidth for this site and using up space to post (){&gt;{#)$ is just a waste of money.
                          I was drunk...ill pay for the $.63 of bandwidth I wasted....who do I paypal too?
                          Past Ride
                          1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
                          (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
                          2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

I'd look into having the lounge just delete any thread that hasn't been used for a couple days.

Comment

I find it so funny when Dr. Squirts locks threads in the Lounge for being "Off Topic" when the description of the Lounge is "Off-topic posts"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X