No announcement yet.

Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do either of the site admins have any input on this? I'd like to see the rules revise for the lounge.
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

This has been discussed many times before, and it really is very simple.

The Lounge is for NON-CAR-RELATED BUT STILL INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION. It is a place for discussion among community members about life, politics, taxes, school, work, other hobbies, current events, relationships, etc. It is NOT a place for mindless, driveling bull****. It is NOT a place for drunk members to start trouble. It is NOT a place for ADHD children to play.

There is a difference here, folks. An intelligent non-car-related post is fine, a stupid "off-topic" post of mindless drivel is not.

We do have membership standards... an IQ higher than that of a glass of water is usually required for all of us. Keep that in mind when you post.

Off-topic is not the same as mindless garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
        It is NOT a place for drunk members to start trouble. It is NOT a place for ADHD children to play.
        Well.. I guess I'm out 2 times... guess I need to go whore on another board.... anyone know of a good import BB I can post on [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
        Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
        Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

hehe now when I read some of the dumber posts I am going to think of a drunk adhd kid running around.

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai:
            Your not getting what I'm saying. I'm not complaining about the posts getting locked. I was merely asking for a more specific definition of what is consider a waste of space and shouldn't be posted to the lounge.
            Anything that is less than three words in length from the beginning, and describes the persons state of sobriety may be defined as pointless.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird
            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Find it interesting you mentioned politics lol. How many politic threads got locked instantly? They always end up being flame wars lol.
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                hehe now when I read some of the dumber posts I am going to think of a drunk adhd kid running around.
                mustang eater is thinking of me how sweet!!!

but SERIOUSLY, .i may not be the most exemplary member, but i really love this site [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] and would really be glad to help support it in reguards to band with and what not.
                has anyone ever thought of a donation area or something? or is there one already and i have missed it?
                92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

has anyone ever thought of a donation area or something? or is there one already and i have missed it?
                  been thought of already, & nixed. THere was something about possible favortism towards those who donated against those who didn't, or towards how much each member donated.
                  The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

WE NEED MORE SPONSORS
                    www.turbov6camaro.com
                    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i looked in to sponsor ship for when i (if i) ever get my 93+ f-body salvage buisness going, but you have to appy for a package, can anyone just tell me the rough amount? so i dont waste anyones time if it never works out?
                      92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

Originally posted by john rocco:
                        i looked in to sponsor ship for when i (if i) ever get my 93+ f-body salvage buisness going, but you have to appy for a package, can anyone just tell me the rough amount? so i dont waste anyones time if it never works out?
                        Contacts us with the subject of "sponsorship".
                        FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                        Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                        Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                          WE NEED MORE SPONSORS
                          Look at LS1tech... they have tons of sponsors because they do not allow members to talk about or suggest services from companies that are not site sponsors. It creates a purpose or want for companies to become sponsors. Hell... on this forum companies that are not sponsors can hold group purchases. If everyone can do this why become a sponsor then?

Comment

Good point.....see, even Hawgs can say something intelligent every now and then [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Hell, every time you turn around, you see posts about Zooomer's TB spacers and water pumps...make him fork over some cash and become a sponsor...
                            2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Originally posted by memphis_raines:
                              Good point.....see, even Hawgs can say something intelligent every now and then [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Hell, every time you turn around, you see posts about Zooomer's TB spacers and water pumps...make him fork over some cash and become a sponsor...
                              Actually its probably more likely that hawgs is trying to mess with Tiago and FFF, yet again.

I have been here awhile, and honestly FFF is the only place thats not an official sponsor but has organized an official group purchase.

Comment

FFF and Zoomer both need to be made into sponsors. Just cuz he is a mod doesn't mean he should be able to shout his merchandise on the forums. Self-promotion = sponsor.

Or you could look at it as, he just finished the kit. Offers nothing else for us. Hasn't actually sold the kit yet (or atleast no one has recieved the production kit yet). So there is no reason to make him a sponsor untill he can actually has a product ;)

However zoomer should pay

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X