This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Final Post from Ian.

I'm putting this in here because when I put it in the lounge it got Closed. I saw no good reason for that and
    I think this is a better place for it anyway.
    I spoke with Ian and he asked me to post this for him.
    To Everyone on CamaroV6.com:

I joined this site a little less than two years ago, because it seemed like a great source of information for V6 F-body information. Being very knowledgeable about cars, but not as much with V6’s, I learned everything I could about them, and brought my own knowledge about cars to the site. I have made well over 3,000 posts, and happily posted daily with as much information I can.
    The problem here is, I have been temporarily suspended. I made a comment that was slightly out of line in a post, and its obvious Stefan didn’t like it. I have not been banned, just suspended.
    But, as of right now, I will not be coming back to this site to post, even when my account is reactivated. The way this site is run does not agree with me, and as I do work for other car websites, seeing this site run the way it is kills me. I have silently put up with it for a long time now, and not said everything, because this is a good source of information. Not any more.
    This is my ‘letter of resignation’, if you will. I will probably lurk on here from time to time, but I will no longer make a single post on this site ever again. I am finished with everything on here, and the way it is run.
    My moderator position can be removed, and someone responsibly can take that at a moderators discretion.
    To all my friends on here that I have met, I am sorry to leave, but I just feel that I have to. I am way too fed up to feel like I have a ‘boss’ on the internet. FunkZ, hockeyman, kamarozrule, 12secondV6, and anyone else I have met, good luck with your cars. To all the people who know me on here but have never met me, good luck with your cars also. Ill be happy to answer any questions via email, and ill be in touch with the people I know from time to time.
    I will no longer promote this site on other sites, and I will certainly not travel to provide media coverage for events that this site attends.

To everyone else, good luck with your cars. I’m out.

Ian Thornton
    Board Name: Ian
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

why did it get closed?..i thought the lounge was for pretty much anything..
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

things get closed and people get banned pretty easily anymore for some reason.

Why?

I have no idea.
      2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

I had a former boss say this to me:

"You're right, this country is a free, democratic country. But in this office, its a god damn monarchy and I'm the king."

AKA Stefan pays all the bills...this is a large website. If I were him, I would have just locked the lounge down for a good two months (saying it was closed for good) and seen how many members would have stayed active.
        -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
          I had a former boss say this to me:

"You're right, this country is a free, democratic country. But in this office, its a god damn monarchy and I'm the king."

AKA Stefan pays all the bills...this is a large website. If I were him, I would have just locked the lounge down for a good two months (saying it was closed for good) and seen how many members would have stayed active.
          Your former boss sounds like a smart man ;) .

I've suggested shutting the lounge down for a while to stefan before. Last time i suggested it stefan felt it was unnecisary b/c he thought most the trolls were highschoolers and would stop posting once school started, but school's in session now and its as bad as ever.
          RedlineVSix

Comment

I remember that! Now schools going to be out for Christmas break... :D

A storm is coming...
            -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
              A storm is coming...
              Thats why we beefed up the PW Police force in the lounge ;)
              RedlineVSix

Comment

Just thought... if you close the lounge, might end up making people post whore the tech sections.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
                  Just thought... if you close the lounge, might end up making people post whore the tech sections.
                  post whores in the tech sections will be banned alot faster than they are in the lounge
                  RedlineVSix

Comment

****, Ian im gonna miss you man. I saw what you got suspended for and .................................................. .................................................. ............... im not gonna say what i think cause i will get banned. Stefan owns this site and its his rules.
                    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

O and could i take his mod position in the reg forum [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

I bet he probally still lurks, I didnt know him for long but he seemed like a very cool and knowledgable guy.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
                        1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
                        1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

sorry to here that about Ian. he was a pretty cool guy. :(

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X