50 post minimum or six months as member to post in the for sale section - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 post minimum or six months as member to post in the for sale section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 post minimum or six months as member to post in the for sale section

First I want to say the mods and admins do a great job here it is really appreciated and I have learned a lot here but I have noticed recently the cheep/free offers in the for sale section and I was thinking that if new users were not allowed to post in there for at least six months and a minimum of say 50 posts these people wont be able to mooch free advertising of this board I think if you want to run a business here BECOME A SPONSOR!!! This site is paid for by SPONSORS!! I really don't think that new users would be offended by a rule like this and I think that our community would not have to endure a bunch losers (people trying to run their business here!!) trying to pawn their junk on here

this has been brought up, and it's not just in the classifieds either.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

The issue has been brought to the admin's attention.

I 2nd the motion though.
      RedlineVSix

Comment

I AGREE FULLY WITH THIS PROPOSAL. As the classifieds moderator, this would definitely clear out the BS I have to deal with.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Good idea in general, but not sure how much it would help. Losers like this new lara/lisaa would just go to another section.
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Other boards that I frequent have this rule, but they have over 30,000 members.
            Unfortunately, I don't think a rule like this would solve our current problem. It's all based on the honor system, with no way to enforce it besides deleting/editing the posts after the fact.
            ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

NOTE: i have seen this post and all is not lost.

Steve
              FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
              Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
              Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

I agree with his suggestion.
                -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

How about allowing TTT's? I see no problem in that. ;)
                  ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

I would agree with this too.
                    2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

I agree with both but with the TTT it should be a 24 hour turn around. Nobody should be TTT every 4 or 6 hours.......
                      Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                      1996 Camaro Conv
                      2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                        How about allowing TTT's? I see no problem in that. ;)
                        When you post a TTT, you bury a newer post. Lemme ask you something, if you are searching for a part, do you look several pages into the forum? Probably not, because you don't know whether or not the thing has been sold or not if the post is that old. Well, if you TTT a post, you knock down a newer post, and then it never gets seen. So basically, because of your own greed to sell a part that NO ONE seemed interested in in the first place, you have knocked down the page a newer post that someone may NEVER see. Get my point?
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

I usually go throught about 2 pages depending on some stuff.
                          Chill dude it's just an idea. How about no TTT's unless it's a reduced price of a $1 or more, maybe $5.
                          ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                            I usually go throught about 2 pages depending on some stuff.
                            Chill dude it's just an idea. How about no TTT's unless it's a reduced price of a $1 or more, maybe $5.
                            I allow TTT's (or something similar) if something in the original post changes, like if you selling 4 items, and you got rid of two, you can update it, or if you change the price, I will allow a bump. But if nothing changes, then thats when I warn, do it again, I lock.
                            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

The new people will just post the for sales in the lounge and 95fbirdkid will just be deleting them instead of Mogobs.

Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

Also, why even lock the threads? Just delete them. They'll eventually get tired of posting things that are just going to get deleted.
                              1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X