Concerns with member Mogobs30th and Pgriffith - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerns with member Mogobs30th and Pgriffith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns with member Mogobs30th and Pgriffith

I am directly having a problem with the moderator Mogobs30th. His moderation on my issue is being mishandled due to a complaint I have with pgriffith in the for-sale section.

Mogobs30th has shown lack of support and discrimination against me, the buyer, by only showing support for pgriffith and telling me to shut up on the issue, when it should be public.

You can read about them here:

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...8;t=007486;p=2

and here

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=8;t=007585

This one above(initial post)has been edited by Mogobs30th. It also linked to the other post.

Pgriffith did contact me after sometime (about 2-3 weeks later), saying he moved and didnt have internet. If he was moving, and knew he was moving he could have told me about his upcoming delay, as he did post a message on this board the day AFTER he was suppose to ship put the manifold to me...at that time I should have been notified..He also stated that he had sent the manifold off to get port and polished and didnt expect it to take that long, again I was under assumption that HE was doing it, because in his posts asking me about its plenum and how HE should do it. He also should have or could have told the polisher to get ahold of me, saying he had it and there would be a delay. There are many ways to get internet, especially after you have taken someones money - and were so hasty about recieving the money (as you can read about it). All this was posted in the open for all to see, and after weeks of non-contact on his part, I issued a warning of a possible scam.

After the weeks of non-contact, he finally contacted me. I have issues of the 25$ extra dollars I paid for express shipping, and on a certain date it should have been sent out. He is now failing to contact me again.

I am also discerned about mogobs30ths' comment on how he dosent care if I get my manifold or my money back...that only he wants the bashing that I have done to the seller to stop, because it has hurt the sellers credibility - that is discrimination, due that he is only protecting the seller, who is ALSO a moderator. Mogobs30th is now saying in his post that I am the one scamming due to my comments, which have the right to be heard (and not in the rules of that section saying its prohibited) by the public. I assume the two are friends. I also noticed a post by Mogobs30th issuing a threat to someone that actually saw things on my side.

This is his latest post, incase he decides to edit or delete what he has said:

Moderator/Football Guru
    Member # 216

posted October 20, 2005 21:15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have unlocked this, and I will be watching this sale closely. I am emailing pgriffith as well, but this whole fiasco better end soon. Slick-metal, you have proven you point in more ways than one, and one is more than enough. You weren't even patient enough to learn all the facts before you made a judgement upon pgriffith. I am not saying that I don't understand you frustration, but making this info public is absurd. I honestly don't care whether or not you get your money back, or get the manifold, but you aren't going to use this board to CONTINUOUSLY bash someone for something they had no control over. Use email for that. If you think you got scammed, then you should have contacted ME or an administrator first, and we would have posted something after I got the facts, instead of posting assumptions. You have now screwed up most chances for pgriffith to sell anything on here, and you will end up either getting a refund or the manifold anyway. I wonder now who the person is that is getting scammed.

Please assist on this. If you can, please send me correspondance that this issue is being investigated. Thank you.

[ October 24, 2005, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: slick-metal ]
    Slick - US Military - overseas. <br />\'01 Pewter Firebird \'Vert<br />SLP CAI, MSD coils/cables, Whisper lid, Pacesetter Headers, Borla 3\", Catco 3\" cat, K&N filter, Intense Racing PCM, Lakewood LCAs,180 TBI--&gt; BMR PHR, ZT LSD, Motive 3.42s, FFF Turbo

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to side with Mogobs here. He's a respectable board member that has helped many people over the years. I think his moderation was perfectly reasonable based on the crap that was being posted in his forum.

As for Pgriffith...he's been here for years and has helped tons of people. Although I will agree that something does not sound right and that's not acting very professional.

[ October 24, 2005, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

this sounds like something that should be taken up w/ the admins throught email, not posting publicly
      RedlineVSix

Comment

Slick-metal, we could have done this whole thing any way you wanted, QUIETLY, and off the board. I will not delete anything, and stand by every word I have said up to now. I DO NOT care whether or not you get your money or manifold, but what I do care about is my forum. Your allegations are unfair towards pgriffith, simply because you didn't know what really happened to him up till about a week ago. But I will let you know this, he has yet to respond to my email, sent at the same time I sent yours, and even I have limits to my patience. I told you two weeks, give it two weeks, if you didn't have either your money back or the manifold, I would have tried to get to the bottom of it all. I am not without my resourcefulness. But you would havve rathered just taken the whole matter into your own hands, and taken it upon yourself to make the whole thing public business to the eyes of almost 8000 members of this board, without knowing all the facts first.

As for the "threat" towards either KenDawg or Gauntlet009, those two have been a problem before your post about the scam. And on a personal note, I have friends on this board, including the two people that have responded before me in this thread, Matt and Mike, but I have no connections to pgriffith. I think out of the 4 years I have been a member of this board, I might have talked to pgriffith once. I don't even know him by first name. So I can assure you that there is no other bias towards him. But I do have enough connections on this board to find out what happened to pgriffith, whether it was something good or bad that might have happened to him.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

this needs to be handles privatly and in depth cause my club and I have been drag into this because of a couple members and thats unfair to the rest of my members who follow the rules of this community.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i agree with everyone else. this should have been done via email. without dragging names through the mud pulling other members into it.(even though they didnt really help matters with their pointless posts)

In my time here ive never seen Mogobs take sides on anything in his forum that wasnt just. i dont see what he has done wrong. he told you he would do everything he could to find out what the problem is. if he cant, its not his fault he you got screwed. when you buy from private sellers theres always a chance something like this can happen. people do have lives outside of the internet though, maybe hes been busy with work and hasnt had time to check his email or the forum. theres a million possibilities of whats going on. but you cant blame the mod for it.

i think the reason he has told you not to post things about being scammed is because of the fact that we dont know all the facts as of yet. if the facts were known for sure im sure it would be different.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Nothing personal BLLDOGG, but I am unsure where it is said that you and your club have been dragged into this. But this is exactly what I was trying to avoid, dragging people into this that had nothing to do with it.

I issued a warning of a possible scam.
              That is not your job, that is mine. But there is something else I do want to clear up, I never said that I wouldn't help you, all I asked is that you would try to do this my way for the sake of not dragging more people into this by making it public. May not have said it in so many words, maybe something like this email that I will post from me to you...

need to be contacted as soon as you get a refund or the manifold. I am trying to calm everyone down for a specific reason. If pgriffith doesn't give you either a refund or the manifold within the next two weeks, EMAIL ME OR STEVE!!!! I will post about pgriffith. This publicity needs to end.
              That was my email to you, and your emailed response was..

will do. No contact yet.
              You agreed to me that you would try to end the publicity, and instead went right back here and posted this within less than a week of the email I sent to you, and you agreed upon.

And as for some of these rules, I am lobbying HARD to have them revamped. There need to be additions and deletions of some, for the good of the sellers and buyers.
              1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

I expect this issue to be resolved SOON!

OR I will start banning people (including moderators if necessary).

I expect to be notified at my personal e-mail address when this is resolved!!
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th:
                  Nothing personal BLLDOGG, but I am unsure where it is said that you and your club have been dragged into this. But this is exactly what I was trying to avoid, dragging people into this that had nothing to do with it.
                  Im sure its not you but according to Tealv6, me and my club are causing problems.
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Mogobs30th,

Yes I said that in my reply. Then I saw your post - attacking me. I will be dealing with FirebirdGT with this issue now, not you. I feel I am being wronged by you and your comments, when my comments only express the truth about a seller, and everyone wants to protect him. I closed the complaint through Paypal out of courtesy. This is rubbish, and everyone on an UNSECURE for-sale section needs and has the right to know about. So in otherwords, since he was respectable in the past, what he does now dosen't matter? Thats the impression you are making. He's ignoring me, he's ignoring you...others need warning, and its my right and responsibility to ALL to let people know about peoples actions that are negative.

FirebirdGT:
                    I agree, that something were to delt with by email. These had been exhausted. Its been over a month. Sometime public displays may help get peoples attention, especially the seller. If no one knows about how a person conducts business - after several attempts have been made to correct the issue in a personal matter, whats from keeping them from getting ripped off or having to deal with unpractical business? The for-sale section is a Non-commercial area, we have no legal methods (besides paypal when used) to counter-act discrepancies. I have been nothing but professional in my demeanor and in no way badmouthed, used profanities or was rude. All I have to say is sometimes truth hurts. Mogobs30th says its his job to warn people of scammers, that is not true - thats everyones job...its his job ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD to post it. In NO WAY did I say pgriffith was. I only posted it was possible. I also post all this to the public so everyone can see how this website deals with business of this nature, because everyone has the right to know. If this is not to your liking please venture a better complain system and make rules for it. But can you honestly say, that the seller in my situation was professional?

Can you please try and contact the seller as well?

[ October 25, 2005, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: slick-metal ]
                    Slick - US Military - overseas. <br />\'01 Pewter Firebird \'Vert<br />SLP CAI, MSD coils/cables, Whisper lid, Pacesetter Headers, Borla 3\", Catco 3\" cat, K&N filter, Intense Racing PCM, Lakewood LCAs,180 TBI--&gt; BMR PHR, ZT LSD, Motive 3.42s, FFF Turbo

Comment

Ok, I can't win this. I will wipe my hands clean of it. I was willing to help you, but I simply can't put my own membership to this board on the line for you. Do what you must. You win.

BTW, BLLDOGG, its not your club or its members that are causing trouble in my forum, it is two members of this board that happen to be from OK. Whether they are members or not I don't know.

[ October 25, 2005, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Mogobs30th ]
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Well I have heard nothing from pgriffith. I did not recieve a read receipt from the email I sent and CC'd Mogobs and FirebirdGT

Comment

Well, I can no longer try to keep things balanced if pgriffith will not email. Slick, I am having to take your side on this one now, this is far too much time. I myself have yet to hear from pgriffith, and that was almost two weeks ago.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

I'm sorry for all the trouble - but I know you cannot do anything really, so I have had to do things on my own for my protection. I will try to let you both know ans status updates to you both, privately.

Comment

Just a cautionary note...whenever you use Paypal, use a credit card so you have recouse...Paypal won't help you...it's a sham...if the person you've paid has no $$ in their account Paypal cannot collect for you but your credit card company will reverse the charges protecting you...rp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X