• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just throwing the suggestion out...

Any chances on PMs...

or pics in threads?
    (no sig pics)

and for people who are crying about pics in threads and 56k, set the software so pics do not show unless you change the option in user CP.

FWIW, cz28.com, has pics everywhere now, PMs, and even now hosts vids.(only bringing it up because it was one of the major arguments of why we don't have them)
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Has it even been questioned on the admins part of having an advanced membership of paying members who may have access to more advanced things like picture hosting, vid hosting and various other things?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I know they have a pay membership thing on cz28.com

Fuelslut.net throws up fundraiser type stuff.

Hell I think they made like $150 in donations to reset this one postwhore post count back down to zero once he hit 10,000 posts. It was pretty funny.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
        Has it even been questioned on the admins part of having an advanced membership of paying members who may have access to more advanced things like picture hosting, vid hosting and various other things?
        Yeah, I don't like that idea. How the hell are some of us going to be able to PAY for membership?
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

i dont know....maybe there could be an extra special title under our names to signify that we have donated money to support the growth and continuation of the board. it could be threw paypal. apon donation, we could be intitled to special featured like i mentioned above. just i thought i figured i'd throw out about what i have experienced on other boards and it would be totally valuntary.

Comment

i'd put down some coin.
            Mystic Teal Metallic
            ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

i dont know....maybe there could be an extra special title under our names to signify that we have donated money to support the growth and continuation of the board. it could be threw paypal. apon donation, we could be intitled to special featured like i mentioned above. just i thought i figured i'd throw out about what i have experienced on other boards and it would be totally valuntary.
              Again, as stated, how are we going to PAY for it??? Credit card? Debit? Paypal???.....That would be a good question. Remember, LOTS of members on this board are under the age of 18, which most likely they don't have access to such things. To deny them full priveledges to the board simply because they have no way of paying is completely unfair.

EDIT: I think there are a lot of us that have forgotten what this board was all started for in the first place, and some of us haven't been around long enough to know why it was started. Simply put, this board was here to be the information center on the internet for V6 Fbody cars. I really believe adding a bunch of crap to the message board strays from that idea. If anything were to be added, I would like to see full manuals of all 4th gen cars, YEAR TO YEAR, and eventually even get the manuals for the 3rd gens as well. That is something I may actually work at myself. This stuff with PM's and vid hosting is kinda unesseccary for a site devoted to information. If you wish to donate money, then lets try to do it to make the site ITSELF better for anyone and everyone, not just ourselves.

[ December 16, 2005, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Mogobs30th ]
              1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                Yeah, I don't like that idea. How the hell are some of us going to be able to PAY for membership? </font>[/QUOTE]I think the idea is, you don't HAVE to pay for it, but if you do, you get stuff like free pic hosting and video hosting(which we currently do not have)

cz28.com does it. as said before I'd throw a few bucks down to help the board along. Especially if it helps the website evolve.

tons fo people donate at cz28.com. the title "supporting member" is under their name.

Comment

in what you quoted, i mentioned paypal.

i understand these services have an age limit but like i said, it was just an idea. besides, when i was under 18, i had my mom set up an account with my bank info. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i understand these services have an age limit but like i said, it was just an idea. besides, when i was under 18, i had my mom set up an account with my bank info. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Nothing personal, but I can't and WON'T get paypal. Any other suggestions?
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

WON'T get paypal.
                      I'll give you a x2 there!

I do think it's a pretty cool idea, though. Nobody would be forced to pay to use the site, just for the extra cool stuff. I'd chip in just to help out the site.

Doesn't matter, though...this thread will be locked and we'll be told new stuff is in the works, just like it's been for the last year. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      Matt
                      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:

Doesn't matter, though...this thread will be locked and we'll be told new stuff is in the works, just like it's been for the last year. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

but you know you love getting your hopes up [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Nothing personal, but I can't and WON'T get paypal. Any other suggestions? </font>[/QUOTE]MO at postoffice is what $0.49 no age limits on that
                            www.turbov6camaro.com
                            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mogobs30th:

Nothing personal, but I can't and WON'T get paypal. Any other suggestions? </font>[/QUOTE]MO at postoffice is what $0.49 no age limits on that </font>[/QUOTE]And send it to.......
                              1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X