question about supporting member status - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about supporting member status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: question about supporting member status

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
    I just want to also say I am not trying to bash the current mods of the lounge. they are great people and are members who have been around for ever, it's just that people get schedules and families and sell their cars...some people just can't come on the site everyday and someone rarely come at all. I'm just lucky cause I'm still in college and have an 8-5 kinda job.
    yes! i agree with BLLDOGG........ after being in this site for over 2 years, i deff. can say the lounge have been a little loose lately ............. out of the 4 moderators , i think only two of them are active 95fbirdkid and james .......... Dan M (last log in was last year), infernal (signs on once in a blue moon) ........... there were many threads that turned bad because mods didn't closed it ......... again, i am not bashing any mods , they have a life too ....... family kids etc ...........so, i think we should appoint someone more active (i.e. vanbibber,3.4 slow to go, udelose98,StrtRacer98 or even BLLDOGG) to mod the lounge ........... thanks

:)
    Last edited by kala; 02-04-2007, 01:32 AM.
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

your avatar is a perfect example for the new kids of the regime we were under 2yrs ago. you would have been banned for a couple days and stuck permanently with a rainbow with chaps
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

ill help out in the lounge if need be, god knows i frequent it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

I love having a sponsor banner on LS1tech on the right hand side. It's nice to have 20-30 links at your disposal when you're pricing parts and doing research. One banner above each thread at the top never killed anyone either. Hell, look at this site with its sig pics, that's just as 'annoying'. Is it really that you don't like banners that much that you're having to ask members for their money and give out of your own pocket, or is it that no vendor will sponsor the site anymore?
          2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

didn't a lot of use agree by majority that we would prefer not to have banners and just pay?

I have a good list of distributors in a sticky in my section and I can barely get new people to ever read those stickies so whats the point?

Comment

In what section? Which section is "your" section?

New people will NEVER read the stickies.

But they WILL click on banners that are on the right side of the screen at all times. Who doesn't like to shop parts for their car and do some "wishing?"
              2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$
                In what section? Which section is "your" section?
                I'm just refering to the section I moderate, Intake/Exhaust
                Originally posted by WishIHad$$$
                New people will NEVER read the stickies.
                I know :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                  if theres anything i can ever do to help out the site, id be glad to do it.
                  Just be helpful to anyone that you think you can help. That's usually how a friendship gets started. Helping someone is usually harder than slamming them. I know I've made quite a few friends just being helpful or wanting to teach them something they don't know. Yes, some of this is local to me, but I do have friends in almost all 50 states.

Remember guys, my email is always public and has an "open door" policy. I've never banned anyone for bringin me an idea, thought or concern. Hell, I've got a folder of emails from people just saying thank you. I'll bet every admin has a folder like that, just to go back and see why we do what we do.

Steve
                  FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                  Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                  Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                    your avatar is a perfect example for the new kids of the regime we were under 2yrs ago. you would have been banned for a couple days and stuck permanently with a rainbow with chaps

it was rainbow a**less chaps.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------

Do I need banners here? no, I cain find that at other sites I frequent.

Are PM's a nice perk? yes, but just so is having e-mail.

As far as car info goes: maybe add that to our personal profiles when one right clicks a persons screen name.

Stickies..... maybe there are to many of them, so peeps just cruise right over them. Consolidate them in a FAQ per section maybe????

just my
                    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                    94 comero 3.4

Comment

well let me know, or just post in here or make a new thread, or whatever, if anything is going to change as far as banners go. id love to see a site where everyone has equal oppurtunity to things. maybe an inbetween like only site supporters get to have sig PICTURES and everyone else just gets two lines of text or something.. or that the supporting members get 2x the amount of PMs in their PM box or something.

3.4slowtogo: good ideas.
                      Dave:
                      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I'm not in any way against the premium membership thing.. BUT it would be really awesome if we could at least pm regular members, BECAUSE it really makes the pm feature useless when you can only pm other premium members. Just maybe think about it, not trying to demand anything.

Also some new designs would be nice on the forum, I wouldn't mind helping out if you need anything I own two websites and they are doing really well, and love messing around in photoshop cs2 and illustrator.

Otherwise this site has some really great info, more than any other camaro v6 section/site, but it's kinda dying down..

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

im also down for helping out with the design.
                          Dave:
                          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111
                            ....... Otherwise this site has some really great info, more than any other camaro v6 section/site, but it's kinda dying down..
                            that's more seasonal, it'll pick up again in the spring
                            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                            94 comero 3.4

Comment

Here's a new thought... http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=76427
                              FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                              Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                              Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

It doesnt make sense for PMs to be a perk. I can understand sigs and avatars (not really understand...but atleast it makes some sense), but if only a few people have PMs then only a few people can use them and contact only that select group.

That seems a little silly, at best.
                                Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X