question about supporting member status - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about supporting member status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: question about supporting member status

Originally posted by FloydSummerOf68
    It doesnt make sense for PMs to be a perk. I can understand sigs and avatars (not really understand...but atleast it makes some sense), but if only a few people have PMs then only a few people can use them and contact only that select group.

That seems a little silly, at best.
    x2. thats the point im trying to get across in a nutshell.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
      x2. thats the point im trying to get across in a nutshell.
      x3 for PMs .............. it's a good point

:)
      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

i would much rater see sigs then pm's.... at least 6 line for the unpaying members/ paying member can have banner i think that way more then fair
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I think the premium members should get the badge, AND a private forum, then let everyone have sigs and pm's, it would be so much better! Don't even need to forum the badge is cool enough :)

And camarov6.com needs a new design, the site looks like it was made in the 90s.. cmon..

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
          Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
          http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111
            And camarov6.com needs a new design, the site looks like it was made in the 90s.. cmon..
            Define that please... the two style available are better than the standard VB, I've just left it there for those that like old. I personally like the blue style. But again... define what 90's is? I know Firebird is in need of a make over, just not sure when we will do that.
            FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
            Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
            Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

i can help you with new styles and a new firebirdv6.com site. i love making sites and i would wana help out. he means it is just 90s meaning its too basic. there is like two colors to the whole site. (i think)
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Simplicity at it's best :D I've seen if you over complicate stuff, it's going to throw off many members. The simpler, the better. Easy to find things.

If you want to mock something up and email, again, I'm not against suggestions. Who knows where it might lead :tup:

Comment

Originally posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
                  I dont mind the $10 to support the site, but its how noone can put up with anything. Like a week or so ago i look in the lounge and theres 8 locked posts on the front page, and most of them i dont even see why they are locked. How about when you lock something there atleaast has to be a reason by the locker...or instead of locking it just edit posts so we can still discuss the subject at hand...not ot much to ask is it?

I locked them, and I don't need to give a reason when I do it. :mad:

I got complaints about the Lounge. Those threads were locked because they were out of control - worthless, post whoring, pages and pages of nothing.

I am now watching the Lounge a lot closer. :spank:
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

And there you have it... :D

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                      yes! i agree with BLLDOGG........ after being in this site for over 2 years, i deff. can say the lounge have been a little loose lately ............. out of the 4 moderators , i think only two of them are active 95fbirdkid and james .......... Dan M (last log in was last year), infernal (signs on once in a blue moon) ........... there were many threads that turned bad because mods didn't closed it ......... again, i am not bashing any mods , they have a life too ....... family kids etc ...........so, i think we should appoint someone more active (i.e. vanbibber,3.4 slow to go, udelose98,str8racer or even BLLDOGG) to mod the lounge ........... thanks

I'd love to help mod the lounge.
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

^^^ yes i meant you ...... i typed your sn wrong ......... str8racer = StrtRacer98 ........

We need someone that frequents this board all day ............ believe it or not , we do have some members who has been here awhile and they are here all the time .......... we should give them a chance and see how they do ......... keep things clean and the admins happier .......

Last edited by kala; 02-04-2007, 01:36 AM.
                        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

I've been here long enough to realize that all that happens here really is worth $10 a month, and I am seriously considering forking out the $10..but you know what, saying 10 bucks won't break anyone isn't always true. I'm only 16, I started saving for a Camaro at the age of 10..I went an entire year without spending a single dime, and saved as much as i could until I finally found my car. .. Paying for my car, gas, insurance, and repairs alone is hard for me to do on my minimum wage job that i hardly have time to go to.

Like I said, I'm not against the whole paying thing, but I think this site could use some improvements. I think a makeover as mentioned is overdue.

I can see how paying members can get extras like signature pictures and avatars and the 'supporting member' bar, but i really do think PMs should be standard, and I also think it would be fair to give non-supporting members one or two lines of text for a signature.

I'm a member of FTV6 too, but I'm still partial to this forum..I honestly like it better, but because of things like this, this board has seemed to slow down, and i can get quicker and better responses in some sections of that board over this one.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

a site facelift should not even been mentioned. it wasn't buy like yesterday that this site was brought into the 21st century and what a feat it was.
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                              I've been here long enough to realize that all that happens here really is worth $10 a month,
                              Except it's $10 a year, not a month
                              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

no, he's showing how much value this board has
                                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X