Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Revamping

Originally posted by youngsc
    If the idea is to increase memberships why not open it up to other gm v6 platforms, create other sections for those vehicles. Cars such as the grand prixs, ams, etc.
    Not a good idea.

We're dedicated to one kind of car/engine combination, but when the competition comes with a setup like that, and THEY are getting more of the attention, something needs changed.

Besides, the idea is not to increase membership, its to get the people who have done amazing things with third and fouth gen V6 cars to post here, show pics, etc. Need to get these people involved. Let the tools stay at the other sites.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I was on one site that made you post what kind of car you had and such before you could be a member. Then people decided whether or not to allow them to join. Also, Perhaps a sticky where everyone votes on what they think is the best... best wax, best exhaust, best everything. That will rid alot of the threads that ask what is the best exhaust for my car. When I signed up for the forum I didn't read the stickies or anything. I was just ready to jump in. Perhaps when you join there should be something very noticeable that says READ the STICKY before you ask and if they ask something that is already out there then give them a point. So many points a month and your suspended or gone.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i'm telling ya..read my post up there.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Since I own firebirdv6.com which is where the Tech Database is, I can update anything. Just let me know or do a write-up which I can copy and paste.

However, I have responded to NUMEROUS posts that the answer to the question asked is in the Tech Database. No one posting seems to even read it, particularly the newbies.

But I'll try to keep it current.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

It might be because of its extensiveness. I think with more added to the Tech Database, we could draw more people over there to read it. But I believe we can all help with this.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

The Tech Database is the best resource I have found dealing w/ V6 Camaro's...infact, I was google searching and came across it which led me to the forums.

What could be added to it?
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                The Tech Database is the best resource I have found dealing w/ V6 Camaro's...infact, I was google searching and came across it which led me to the forums.

What could be added to it?
                HEAVILY modded issues. Everything in the Tech Database is geared for everything from simple bolt-ons to minor internal work, but very little about race setups. There are a few V6 fbodies being built, or already running, that have had extensive work done to them, to produce an almost full race car. This is the type of info we need to be focusing on now, we have the rest covered.

The more I think about it, I think that we also need to focus more on turning it back into a tech site. Limiting some Lounge topics might be a start.

For Example: Find ANYWHERE in the Tech Database about the lug spacing on an Fbody.
                Last edited by Mogobs30th; 04-27-2007, 09:56 PM.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Ok...maybe someone with a race setup could help out then...

I really don't know much first hand about hardcore engine stuff, just what I've learned to prepare for a build up someday
                  1999 Camaro Z/28
                  1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                    The more I think about it, I think that we also need to focus more on turning it back into a tech site. Limiting some Lounge topics might be a start.

For Example: Find ANYWHERE in the Tech Database about the lug spacing on an Fbody.
                    TWO good points.

The old timers know that I have NEVER been in favor of the "Lounge".
                    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I don't think COMPLETELY getting rid of it would be a wise idea either, maybe limiting the political and religious posts would be a start, and if at the very least, would keep ME out of trouble.

What we need is a person who regularly visits, who has pulled out all the stops. But what drives these people away is the "Lounge" type posts all over the forum. I for one am guilty of this, and after visiting message boards I usually don't visit, I see we are dragging ***. We are somewhat behind on some articles, updates in the V6 Fbody community, and forerunning members of heavily modded members. UDLOSE is a good member, and is a forerunner, but we need more. In order to generate such interests, the board is going to have to make some changes. I don't want to call is political correctness, but more of a refocusing on what this site was created for.

I also think sponsorship should also be reactivated, and that some trusted members of this site should try to win over some sponsors, whether it be a local sponsor, regional, or a national sponsor can be sorted later.

Ive just noticed that this is more of a playground in the last year than the TOP V6 FBODY site we should be.

We're going to be back on the scene at the end of the 2008 year with the reintroduction of the 2009 Camaro, and it WILL have a base V6 engine. I think our part of our focus should be on that car as well. We need to get back on top.
                      Last edited by Mogobs30th; 04-27-2007, 10:17 PM.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT
                        TWO good points.

The old timers know that I have NEVER been in favor of the "Lounge".
                        That I do know. Im glad its still around, justs needs limits now.

Id like to hear more input from the more dedicated members, older memebers, and just outright postwhores.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

I don't see what eliminating the lounge would accomplish in terms of making the site a more technical affair. Besides, if you don't have somewhere for the rabble to post mindless drivel then they'll clutter up the other forums with it. Better to have a smelly garbage can than a house full of ****.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                          R.I.P. '07 Pats
                          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                            I don't see what eliminating the lounge would accomplish in terms of making the site a more technical affair. Besides, if you don't have somewhere for the rabble to post mindless drivel then they'll clutter up the other forums with it. Better to have a smelly garbage can than a house full of ****.
                            Well, that was the opinion we came to LONG time ago, but that doesn't also mean that if the lounge was removed, and people DID start cluttering the other forums, that the dusty "Ban Stick" thats been sitting on the shelf for sometime wouldn't come out of retirement.

But lets keep on track with this. This isn't about the lounge, its only a very small part of a much larger issue.
                            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

As for the lounge, i could take it or leave it. I do think it attracts a lot of members, and keeps them current... even if adds a little activity we may not particularly need on the forums.

Personally, I'd like to see some of the non-forum features brought back. The featured v6 hasnt been updated for a year. There are probably plenty people who wouldnt mind being put in charge of this. I would actually enjoy reviewing submissions/pics and choosing a winner.

A lot of stuff in the modifications encyclopedia could be updated as well...

The media section on the main page clearly never took off, but i think a media forum could have always been an awesome idea, especially now with all the online video hosting available these days.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                                Well, that was the opinion we came to LONG time ago, but that doesn't also mean that if the lounge was removed, and people DID start cluttering the other forums, that the dusty "Ban Stick" thats been sitting on the shelf for sometime wouldn't come out of retirement.

But lets keep on track with this. This isn't about the lounge, its only a very small part of a much larger issue.
                                If i'm not mistaken wasn't it the "dusty Ban stick" what created this site's competition in the first place?

Yes, but onto matters at hand. I for one have only ever used the tech database like once or twice.. most of the time i can find exactly what i want just by searching/reading stickies. Take that information for what its worth (not much), thats all i really have to say about it (other than please don't take the lounge away... if you do i'll have nowhere else to live :( )

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X