Serious Revamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Revamping

Alright, the other got locked, I will bring this up from the dead. We need some change, we need some kind of response from someone. We have Super Mods who BARELY visit anymore, and one who has been AWOL for two years. We need a revamp of the mod encyclopedia, and SPONSORSHIP. I seriously cannot sit back on this. Could we PLEASE get some kind of response, I want to legitimately help here, as do MANY members, but without any say so or power to do what is nessecary, we have nothing to do but to sit back.

Let us help.:wavey:
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

<-------- ready to contact potential sponsors.

just say when steve :)
      Last edited by vanbibber; 07-22-2007, 09:27 PM.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

I emailed all the mods and admins a couple weeks back and only got about 2 responses, pretty upset about that. I too am ready to revamp the site and get things going again. There are mods that need to be removed and other members that need to be promoted to mod status to fill voids.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
          I emailed all the mods and admins a couple weeks back and only got about 2 responses,
          i need to get that e-mail addy fixed for that. I will take on a more active role when i get back from this hemisphere.
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
            Alright, the other got locked, I will bring this up from the dead. We need some change, we need some kind of response from someone. We have Super Mods who BARELY visit anymore, and one who has been AWOL for two years.
            NOT TRUE. I'm on here 2-3 times EVERYDAY checking posts and helping out where I can.
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I'm sure the administrators will try their best to accomodate and are taking all suggestions into account. Just realize that they have MANY other important obligations and matters to deal with besides this site. Just be patient. I'll definately pitch in to help where needed also.
              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Everyone knows the admins have other things to do. Especially Steve right now. However, it would be nice if they could pass down some power to people like mogobs, 97rs, or vanbibber who have been on the site for a while and have shown a track record of having the sites best interest in mind.

These guys want to help push this site to be better, but currently they are just spinning their wheels because they don't have the ability to do anything about it. If the admins can give trusted users more power then they can take a step back, control the big picture, and don't have to worry about every little thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                  I emailed all the mods and admins a couple weeks back and only got about 2 responses, pretty upset about that. I too am ready to revamp the site and get things going again. There are mods that need to be removed and other members that need to be promoted to mod status to fill voids.
                  Sorry about that, I just looked in my 2000+ unread emails and seen yours awhile back. Not sure how it missed me, but I have it.

There are some of us who have alot of free time, I for one am STUCK in this apartment after 5 pm everyday, simply because living in Chicago is not a cheap ordeal. I have plenty of free time to do things for the board, but that really is the question at hand. Would Steve or Robert be willing to let go of some administrative control to us so that we can upgrade or change what needs changed?

I remember what the main goal of this site is, and that was to be a technical forum for us V6'ers to go to. I remember the days of being on CZ28.com, it was an all out laughfest for the V8 owners. Our response to every question was to get a damn V8. There are some of us who still very loyal to the V6 world, even if we haven't torn down an engine, or own a V8, or whatnot.

We must also remember, that in a little over a year, we will have a new powerplant to tear down and spec out. I am going to get some written requests drawn up for the future, to get spec sheets on the new V6 (or V6's) coming with the 5th generation Camaro. I want to be ahead of the game. We're falling in the rear here, I think we need to pick up the pace to keep up with the competition.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Why not just sale the site. It's obvious things are falling behind here.
                    1999 Bright Red A4 3.8L V6 Camaro
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589653
                    http://www.myspace.com/jhonathanw

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonathan_W
                      Why not just sale the site. It's obvious things are falling behind here.
                      Disagree and I don't think things are as bad as they sound. Yes, some people need to have more control but then again if you start revamping the site too much or sale it then we will be looking at banners all day long and have 10 times the members and nobody's threads will be responded too and when you look at today's posts there will be about 6 pages worth. I'm sorry but I wouldn't want to waste my time with that.

Giving me power to those who are on more than once a day would be great. I know of a few people that post good information everyday in every thread that they can help with.
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                        Disagree and I don't think things are as bad as they sound. Yes, some people need to have more control but then again if you start revamping the site too much or sale it then we will be looking at banners all day long and have 10 times the members and nobody's threads will be responded too and when you look at today's posts there will be about 6 pages worth. I'm sorry but I wouldn't want to waste my time with that.

Giving me power to those who are on more than once a day would be great. I know of a few people that post good information everyday in every thread that they can help with.
                        Hard to say that things aren't as bad as they sound being as new as you are. Ive been here over 4 years longer, I know whats happened over time.

As for banners, they aren't a bad thing. They can help members locate vendors or services easily, as well as let people know who supports the site and also possible discounts. There can be very subtle banners located within the site, without being too overwhelming.

As for the posting in general, what you describe has NEVER happened. I believe that with more eyes watching, there is a better possibility for threads being answered.

Selecting members that help frequently as possible Mods is just one of many problems that needs addressing. We have a PM system setup that is virtually useless unless you are a supporting member. We have an ancient database that desperately needs upgraded. I also believe that a good media center would also be beneficial.

I have learned that if you want to get help from friends and members, there has to be some kind of communication. That is what the message board is for. But no one wants to visit and waste time visiting a site that is not very user friendly, cold, and a site that all you can do is SEARCH. A message board is not made up for a SEARCH function. I never liked a search function, things change, technology changes, vendors, parts, cars CHANGE. Doing a search does not help the person looking for the right up-to-date info. You need more personal involvement, but I believe that some of the perks offered by other sites would be a good addition to keeping loyal members around.

You have to look at it over a period of time. There aren't many of us old timers left. They moved on, partially because either a VERY controlling administrator at the time with personal problems (which I will not get into great depth with), some stepped up to a V8, some just didn't like what we had to offer. There are many knowedgeable people on this board, but there are also many knowedgeable people on other boards, as well as MANY more that aren't part of a forum community. There can't be anything detrimental about getting more helpful members at all, or bringing back some of the ones that have lost interest.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

I agree with Wes. The tech database nees a revamp.. the whole thing. Info on head/cams, strokers, forced induction, 3.4 top end swaps. Info on the zeta cars would be nice to have first too, but im not sure on the availability of that info.
                          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
                            NOT TRUE. I'm on here 2-3 times EVERYDAY checking posts and helping out where I can.
                            he wasnt talking about you, infernal and dan m. nothing against them, but we need people who are more active than 2 posts every 6 months.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            Or this

Comment

travis did i respond to your last email? cant remember if i did or not. im pretty sure i did though.

Follow me!
                              Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                                travis did i respond to your last email? cant remember if i did or not. im pretty sure i did though.
                                yea I got your response. Thanks
                                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X