This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know what would be cool?

if we didn't have to pay to have sigs...

how about free sigs, but you have to pay to have avatars/sig pics.

that would be awesome!

and if its about wasted server/bandwidth... how about ban people that leghump women in threads(see lounge/Florida section) and add sigs.

Re: you know what would be cool?

^you gave me the design for my intake, thanks :)

Comment

Hey i've got an idea! Why don't we bring this subject up for like the millionth time since last year. :slap:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
        and if its about wasted server/bandwidth... how about ban people that leghump women in threads(see lounge/Florida section) and add sigs.
        Mad you got rejected outright? It's $10 for the year, that's about how much I have left for the month, wah ****ing wah. If you've learned anything from this website then it's easily worth it. Like someone else has said skip drinking a night and you got the 10.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
          Mad you got rejected outright? It's $10 for the year, that's about how much I have left for the month, wah ****ing wah. If you've learned anything from this website then it's easily worth it. Like someone else has said skip drinking a night and you got the 10.
          well said, otherwise be happy you didn't have to pay to join.
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

That argument is great and all...

But how much does time have I spent putting towards helping this site?

How many answers have I given to questions. I have in the past been a mod to 2 seperate sections. I have had I am going to say like 12,000 posts between my screenames on this board.

lets say I am a postwhore, at least 1/3 of them were worthwhile.

I have owned a 2.8, a 3.4, and a 3.8L and answered questions out the *** about them.

I have ordered parts through sponsors, and even when I ordered parts through non-sponsors and they ahve the section where you list where you heard them, I listed this website.

Did I have to do any of that? NO, but I choose to do it to help the community.

I understand there are costs to operating the website, but jesus the amount of options, have gone down, not like these are special add ons they never had.

Sure I woudl be out alot of info without this site, but then again I this site would also be no where with out input from its members.

Its not a money thing its more of a principal thing. I have been a member of some 30 messageboards and this is the first to ask for money for basic options.

Beyond that, I think its a huge turn off for new members to have to pay a few to join.

I say make it something similar to cz28.com (the sort of sister site to this) All is free except the sig pics/avatars unless you pay.

ehh.... just my $0.02

I doubt it will go through.

Comment

Originally posted by 02camaro3800
              ^you gave me the design for my intake, thanks :)
              If I didn't make a post about it, this guy wouldn't have gotten the design for his intake. SO this guy would have recieved no help from this site. so he shouldn't have to pay, if anything I shoudl recieve the money....

or just offer some basic free options, like a sig. Its not anything special.

Comment

Nothing against the new guys here, but Eric has been here a LONG time, ALMOST as long as me. Might want to pay attention to what he might have to say, instead of the immediate bashing. He brings up interesting points, and right now, it would be good to bolster some new members in this place.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I know he's been here a while which is further why I can't understand why it would come up now. I mean $10, wow, if he's doing such a legendary job of helping then let's nominate him for the next free membership. I hear everything everyone has to say but some arguments are not that rational. There's people on here who aren't even at 100 posts and they've put in their $10, I contribute where I can and I had no problem with the $10, I got that back the first time I had a problem with my car I couldn't figure out and was able to do it myself instead of paying someone. It seems this comes up all the time and it would seem every other time the reaction like mine was supported and should be more so against someone who has been here almost as long as you.

Comment

Its not about the money I don't care... I think I gave stefan back in the day a good $40 when he was asking for some donations.

but I feel since they added the requirements it really lamed up the site. No other site is like this... I haven't really thought much about it until I saw this...

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=80896

read the first 5-6 posts of that thread.

thats the general tough of whats going on.

Comment

That's a pretty good thread. I think it's been noted by the admins that one of the main reasons is lack of sponsorship. Because of that the $10 is required for the perks. If you look at ls1 tech they have a bigger more demanding following and FTV6 focuses not just on camaros/firebirds but all v6'ers, thus the sponsorship follows.

Comment

That's a pretty good thread. I think it's been noted by the admins that one of the main reasons is lack of sponsorship. Because of that the $10 is required for the perks. If you look at ls1 tech they have a bigger more demanding following and FTV6 focuses not just on camaros/firebirds but all v6'ers, thus the sponsorship follows.

maybe there is a lack of sponsorship, since well. Jsut to have a sig, the most basic thing that messageboards have costs $10, which is a turn off to new members. Which decreases the the amount of new members, which makes sponsorship even harder.

its a catch 22...

This was the biggest best and only v6 board for awhile... but now there are others and I feel this place is working its way out of competition.

And once again, I am not just talking about "perks" even... just a freaking sig!

but ohh well

Comment

Send your suggestions to the admins, maybe they can do something with it. From a business standpoint I know where your coming from. I work in Purcahsing so believe me, if you want the perks and deals you need to work with the sources, vendors. The admins run the show, they need to make those calls.

Comment

hence why I posted here...

Comment

This mountains out of mole hills. This is just cheap people being cheap Having sigs, avatars, whatever, doesn't stop people from posting or learning things. If people don't want to join or participate in a forum cuz they can't have an avatar (and they're too cheap to pay the $10) then their membership is probably not worth worrying over to begin with. Most people aren't gonna bother making a sig or whatever until they visit the site with some regular frequency, and if they come here often enough to want to put the time into making a stupid little banner then they've probably already gotten their 10 bucks worth.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                              R.I.P. '07 Pats
                              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X