This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: you know what would be cool?

honestly, i think i agree with eric here.

here's why..

yes its only 10 bucks, and it is going towards the site. BUT if you guys havent noticed, theres been maybe what? 25 or so who have donated? when we first started it, i was one of the people who thought it was a great idea. but after a year now im not seeing it as a good thing. in the past year we've lost alot of good members who have moved to other v6 sites over it. people who were here for years and were full of knowledge of anything v6 have left in favor of other sites that id rather not name but we all know where they are.

what i'd like to see is just give the crowd what they want. in place of the current system we have, bring back sponsors, me and wes (mogobs) have talked about it, and we're both willing to put in the time to talk to as many vendors as we can and see if they'd be interested in it, which im more than sure they will be given the 10k+ members we have here. and also, add a donation button to the site for members to donate instead of the current setup of membership. people are more inclined to donate when they arent paying for things that every other website has.

we've lost alot of good members over it, and i think its time to stop the bleeding and draw them back over here so that when the new camaro finally comes out, we have more to offer other than "i dont know"'s and bad advice (which lately has been in a abundance.)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

im with eric too.

fwiw:
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=76268

honestly i think this site is going nowhere fast and not having sigs and avatars and PM's.. which are forum BASICS is turning people away. not to mention i agree with vanbibby about the bad advicce and idks in abundance. seems we are attracting a much younger crowd as well that arent as knowledgeable. i guess its always been that way since its a v6 board..
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Glad I am not alone, I understand running a board is not free... so even cut the Avatars/sig pics if you don't donate. but PMs, and sigs are commonplace on every site in the world.

Its not even so much as me, or existing members, I just think its a turnoff to knew people. We just seem like an outdated board.

I understand at the end of the day that the most important thing is info. Just sigs, seeing what cars people have, and even links to their websites made life alot easier. And Pming was always awesome.

Comment

To teh TIzzle

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          Or this

Comment

Something needs to be done. I know we are mainly for the V6 Fbody, and hopefully 09+ models (If I have anything to say about it). We need to get the sponsorship back in full swing, allow a little more with a basic membership, mainly PM's. Everything is becoming stagnant here. I will never leave this site, I have too much time invested, too much interest, and I simply hate the "other" site and everything it stands for, but we need to get the sponsor banners and such back up. Quick links to parts and services. We would like a response at some point if possible, a discussion with the admins would be good.....
            1995 Pontiac Firebird
            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
              Something needs to be done. I know we are mainly for the V6 Fbody, and hopefully 09+ models (If I have anything to say about it). We need to get the sponsorship back in full swing, allow a little more with a basic membership, mainly PM's. Everything is becoming stagnant here. I will never leave this site, I have too much time invested, too much interest, and I simply hate the "other" site and everything it stands for, but we need to get the sponsor banners and such back up. Quick links to parts and services. We would like a response at some point if possible, a discussion with the admins would be good.....
              agreed...

Comment

One more thing...change this crap green or blue color scheme, red with black (like the years before) would be nice again.
                Last edited by Mogobs30th; 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                  One more thing...change this crap green or blue color scheme, red with black (like the years before) would be nice again.
                  I like this idea, and i do believe this site is one of the most dated looking around.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Follow me!
                    Or this

Comment

:poke: :wavey:

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

I would post here more if I could PM, instead I'm usually over on FTV6. I've recentely started posting over here again just to give it another chance and I've gotten pissed off a couple times. Feel free to make sigs only be for relevent info like Make, Year, and Mods or whatever. Also every other site has sponsors and I think people would be fine with the links being on the page. Also the red and black color scheme would be much much better. The look of this site turns my stomach.

Also get someone to mod the Suspension forum. Heck, I'll do it if you can't find anyone.
                        Last edited by T-Punk; 06-18-2007, 09:23 AM.
                        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                          Its not about the money I don't care... I think I gave stefan back in the day a good $40 when he was asking for some donations.

but I feel since they added the requirements it really lamed up the site. No other site is like this... I haven't really thought much about it until I saw this...

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=80896

read the first 5-6 posts of that thread.

thats the general tough of whats going on.
                          Looks like the thread got deleted after you referred to it.

I'd like to add my voice to Eric's as well. All the arguments can be made that we owe it to the owners of this site to pay for 'perks' in our membership. And that's fine. They are providing us a service by mainaining this site.

But the truth is, there are other sites that offer free memberships with no limitations which can meet the same needs that this site is designed to meet. If you guys want this place to survive, you need some changes.

And while we are being provided a service by having this site, we are also providing our services by being members. Look at my post history here. Maybe as much as 80% of my posts are made answering other people's questions and sharing information. However, like T-Punk, I also left this site disgusted when we had to pay fees for basic forum features. I'm also giving it another chance.
                          Last edited by 98 3.8; 06-18-2007, 11:01 AM.
                          1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

like i said, give everyone the basics, keep the sponsorship thing, but instead of getting the extras that other sites have, just give them the sponsor banner. i think people would be more inclined to donate towards the site if they didnt feel forced into it.

ive said it once, and ill say it again, im more than willing to shoot some emails to some vendors and see if they'd be interested.

Follow me!
                            Or this

Comment

btw, tpunk would make a good mod for suspension.

Follow me!
                              Or this

Comment

^^ i x2 that, and we haven't had a suspension mod for a while now...
                                sigpic
                                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X