This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured F-Body Submissions..

No offense kristen or anyone else, but we've had the same Featured F-body for 2 years now.

It's getting crazy... This has been brought up to admin but steve says the only reason it hasnt been changed is because he's not getting submissions.

Alot of nice f-body's on this site, your car doesnt have to be super modified to make it, Just have a nice clean lookin f-body that takes good pictures and let's your car up there!

Originally posted by TealV6
    General Instructions
    If you would like to submit your car to be our Featured F-Body please follow these simple guidelines. E-mail a picture of your car, in .jpg format only, to the address below. Please make sure your image is at least 600 pixels wide. We're sorry, but we cannot accept low-resolution images. Along with your picture please include the information that would be posted if your car were selected. This means we need you to separately list your car's year, engine, transmission, rear gears, color, ET, mph, and 60' (if any of this info is known). In your paragraph description, please follow the format of the current Featured F-Body. Write in paragraph form, in complete sentences, and let us know what sets your F-Body apart from the masses and what makes it unique.

Send submissions to: tealv6 (at) camarov6.com (until new address is created)

Positive Points
    Clean car
    Scenic and/or track backdrop
    Tire smoke, high speed motion blur, lens flare, other visual effects
    Good lighting
    Fast timeslip
    Dyno numbers
    New/original modifications

Negative Points
    Dirty car
    Ugly photography
    Low image resolution
    Poor/incomplete car description
    Dark/overexposed/underexposed photograph
    You in the picture

Tips and Tricks
    Keep in mind that if we choose your car to be our Featured F-Body, we are selecting you to represent our entire site--over two thousand people. Your car will be on our front page, viewed over 120,000 times per day, for an entire month. You represent the best we have to offer, our flagship. With this in mind, and with the sheer number of submissions we receive, we are forced to be very picky. Some other sites randomly select their cover car, we do not. Does this discriminate against the owners of ugly cars? No. We don't believe there is such a thing as an "ugly" F-Body. There is, however, such a thing as a beautiful F-Body that is dirty and has a picture that does not do the car justice. We feel that every F-Body owner has the same opportunity to clean and polish the car, apply tire foam, apply Armor All, and drive to some scenic place for the photo shoot--even if it's just a grassy field or a deserted road. The car is a thing of beauty, it deserves to be photographed in a place of beauty.

Notice how the photographic quality ranks higher than modifications or times in the bullet points above. This is because the nature of Featured F-Body favors show cars over fast cars. Even if your car has 600 hp and runs 9's in the quarter, if the picture is bad we won't post it on our main page. The purpose of Featured F-Body is for site visitors to say "ooh" and "aah" when they see a pretty sports car--not for them to technically analyze the data of what you've done with it. So please take pride in your photography and send us the best you can. Maybe you'll find yourself up there next month. Good luck!

Who's with me? Do it!!! :banana:

Quit being lazy, with spring here, go wash your car and snap some kick @ss pictures!
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Re: Featured F-Body Submissions..

If you have any questions on what you need to add to the email to get accepted, view the May 2006 Featured F-body page and see what kristen posted, then go from there.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...363#post568363
    *Matt

Comment

i would put mine up but my hood still has a hole in it =(

Comment

Hmm... let me install the rest of my goodies and detail the crap out of it.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

The bone works :tup: let's see "the bone" May 2008
          *Matt

Comment

I would also like to see GR8schlotzky up there, but seeing as he hasnt installed his wheels or his new interior he probably wont do it.
            But I say go for it!
            *Matt

Comment

dont waste your time. i did a nice submission that took me a while to make and i never heard anything back
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

what about us V8 guys lol haha

87 Firebird RIP
                96 Camaro RS RIP
                94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Naw we need a firebird now....:banana:

Comment

Come on pussies lets see some entires or the Z will be car of the month. haha :woot:
                    2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

The bird..

Last edited by 3.8Fury; 04-17-2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

There's a good looking car! I know there are lots of them on here.
                        2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                          dont waste your time. i did a nice submission that took me a while to make and i never heard anything back
                          Really, wow... Your car :drool:
                          Originally posted by blacksport View Post

Come on pussies lets see some entires or the Z will be car of the month. haha :woot:
                          Nice car, blurry pic though.

Originally posted by 3.8Fury View Post
                          The bird..

Yea, I like your car too. 1st Pic :tup:
                          *Matt

Comment

my z

87 Firebird RIP
                            96 Camaro RS RIP
                            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

/\ For some reason mike I doubt they would do V8's, but you never know... It doesnt say "Featured V6 F-body"
                              *Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X