Featured F-body Submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured F-body Submission

I purchased this car in 2001 as a summer daily driver. I put on about 40K miles before deciding to mod it. It has been garage stored or covered every winter. It is now an autocross and show car. It makes an estimated 225 HP at the flywheel. It is by no means complete.

Year/Model - 1995 Pontiac Firebird
    Color - Red
    Engine Size - 3.4L 60 degree v6
    Transmission - Manual
    Gears - 3.73

Performance Mods - Three thousand miles ago, the engine was pulled out and torn down. A friend who builds race motors rebuilt it. The engine was bored .020 over, and we added P&P heads with matched intakes, new pistons, a Comp Cam (COMP-16.233.4), ceramic coated pacesetter headers, 180 degree thermostat, MSD 8.5MM super conductor wires, NGK iridium plugs, Accel 19lb injectors, high flow Melling oil pump, CompCams Roller Tipped Rocker Arm/Hardened Pushrods, CompCams Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters,
    MSD blaster coils, JET underdrive pulleys, and forged rods. I also installed an aluminum 1-piece driveshaft, an auburn posi, and motive 3.73's. Shifts are lightning fast through the B&M Ripper shifter. A K&N performance intake takes care of the breathing. The Catco cat and Borla Muffler and Tips coupled with the tips gives this car a nice deep tone not typically associated with a v6.

Suspension mods - The car's lowered stance comes from Eibach Pro-kit with double adjustable Koni shocks. Power to put to the asphalt with Goodyear Eagle HP's 235-55R16.

Other mods - Custom color matched floormats with the Firebird logo dress up the interior. These are complimented by a Flameball shift nob. A rear disc brake conversion was done to enhance stopping power and looks. Honeycomb taillights sitting over the quad Borla tips gives this car a sexy rear end.

The car is always under construction and will never be "done". There are many more mods planned. While it may not be the sexiest f-body on firebirdv6.com, the color and sound turn a lot of heads.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Re: Featured F-body Submission

You should post pics without time stamps and car domain logo's
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Re: Featured F-body Submission

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
      You should post pics without time stamps and car domain logo's
      I should also get some recent pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment