Team C6V6??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team C6V6??

Hey there C6V6 members, I am considering joining the club but have some questions. 1st, what is too big for our v6 camaros? I have a line on some c6 wheels/tires (18 front 19 back) but don't want to lose the fun factor of drifting burnouts that I get with my 16" aluminum firebird wheels/tires.
    What is the ideal rim/tire size compromise between looks and performance for a v6 camaro? I don't want my car to be any slower than it already is...

Let the opinions begin...Thanks!!

Re: Team C6V6??

for reference, i have 17x9.5's on 275/40/17zr nittos and its perfection with my lowering and suspension, and they look like bigger than they are with the car lowered. the only other setup i considered was a staggered 17 x 9.5 with 18 x 10.5, definitely the biggest i'd go without sacrificing anything. 18's are, IMO, the absolute biggest an f-body should sit on with performance in mind, and if you plan on lowering your ride, stick with 17's. also, keep your wallet in mind when trying to wrap large rims in good rubber---big tires are expensive. i definitely wanted to get some of the best out there, and 295/30/18 tires are gonna make you cry when you see the price tag, so dont even think about 19's.

also, think about weight, rotational mass, and not a tremendous amount of power to turn them.

to sum it up---look at a set of 17's, staggered 17/18, or all 18's if you wanna push it.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

either way, we'll look forward to having you on Team C6V6!
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

I'll agree with what's been said. I've got 17/18 and I do love em, but if you're keeping performance in mind, I'd say stick to 17s.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
          I'll agree with what's been said. I've got 17/18 and I do love em, but if you're keeping performance in mind, I'd say stick to 17s.
          You have a seperate club?

I have C6 style 17x9.5's with 275/40/17's I think they look good on the car and I can rotate the tires front to back.

I almost went 315/40/17's out back but came to my senses.

Comment

hey what does it take to join ? just wondering and no im not trying to thread jack

Comment

I have 17" chrome ZR1's 275/40/17's all around so I can rotate the rims around. They are great, I wouldn't go any bigger , just maybe alittle taller 275/45/17's this next set. LiLspleen just send me a $100 and I will get you hooked up as a Supporter so you can visit he secret lounge area that is a myth to some people.LOL J/K $10 a year look at the stickies on becoming a supporter.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

if your thinking performance...scrap em and go with 15's

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

lol aside from "membership dues", all you need is a fresh set of c6 style rims on your ride...

plus tax, title, and tags lol.

then to be official you gotta throw Team C6V6 in ur sig, yo.

sigpic

Comment

and Transamtom1 get us some pics! i didn't know you had rims.

sigpic

Comment

so all i gotta do is pay 10dollars and im in?

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                        and Transamtom1 get us some pics! i didn't know you had rims.
                        I have some crappy pics,I will get some more better ones when I get a nicer camera.

Comment

BTW the rims are wet thats not curb rash;)

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                            BTW the rims are wet thats not curb rash;)

I was going to say you have some F'thd up rims there, but they look good on the Sunbird, I mean Firebird, get them mixed up from time to time.LOL
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                              I was going to say you have some F'thd up rims there, but they look good on the Sunbird, I mean Firebird, get them mixed up from time to time.LOL
                              It is sunny in the pic;)

BTW I truly did have a "Firebird" my 3.4L caught fire on the way home from work a few years ago,it was a write off:(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X