Painted Mirrors and Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Mirrors and Roof

Both of my side mirrors had almost no paint left on them at all, and the roof panel wasn't much better. I wanted to go with gloss black on the roof, mirrors, and side pillars (B Pillars). The mirrors came out great. The roof will need a few more coats and some sanding. For now I only painted the section of the roof where the t-tops would be. From 20 feet away it looks like a t-top car now. When I finish it in a few days I am going to paint the side pillars as well.

Last edited by nascar24jd; 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM.

Re: Painted Mirrors and Roof

After it cures for a few days and I wet sand it, it should come out pretty nice.

Comment

looks good!
      Robby
      2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
      sigpic

Comment

Just an update (if anyone is interested), the piant cured really well and came out better then I thought it would. The mirrors will require very little wet sanding, maybe just a good polishing. The roof will probably require a bit of wet sanding and then a good polishing. All in all I am very pleased with the result.

I remember when I was shaking the rattle can I thought to myself, "Should I be doing this to my car?".

When I look at it now I am glad I finally did it...

Comment

looks like spraypaint! eeeek!

Comment

hey thats great, you can tell its spraypaint but it looks like a good job, probably redo it in a couple of months from chips and peeling or something?

Looks like you did it good too, I don't see any smudge or runs and build ups.
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
              After it cures for a few days and I wet sand it, it should come out pretty nice.

Dude, no offense, but that roof looks horrible. Maybe it's just a bad picture, but it looks uneven and covered in orange peel, and not enough clear. If you went through all that effort, why didn't you just spray it with an HVLP gun? Spray paint is not the answer...The mirrors look ok for a spray paint job. I hope it's just the pictures...
              #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

The roof is a bad picture, and I don't have an HVLP gun.

Comment

Although I think the roof came out pretty bad out of all three components, I guess you have to make-due with what you have. Not everyone has access to a compressor, spraygun, paint, etc. I'm sure it looks better than rust, chips, fading & peeling though...
                  sigpic

Comment

agreed... looks like you did great with what you had to work with... good job
                    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X