HID Problems. HELPPPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID Problems. HELPPPP

Bought a brand new set of HID. paiod about 150 bucks for them. Good reviews on the seller. Including board recomendations. Pluged them in. Nothing. Straight up no light at all. There for the lows on my 97 ... 9006 with 6k bulbs. Im thinking there is no way that both ballasts are bad... Fuses? idk some help would be appreciated.

Re: HID Problems. HELPPPP

The headlights shouldn't be fused, but the quickest way to check to make sure they are getting juice is to plug your old bulbs in real quick. Assuming they come on, check all your connections. Make sure you are plugging the right plugs in the right places. The wiring harness on your car should go into the ballasts harness and into the box, and then from the box will be the lead to your HID bulbs. Make sure everything is secure and try it again and get back to us.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Thanks man, ill try it first thing tommorow. And im completly positive i have the conections right, the factory plug goes to connection, which then goes to box, then from box its 2 plugs coming out and they plug into the bulb. I never tested with engine running... was thinking could be a lack of power perhaps?

Comment

Actually yes, that could be a factor. When my car is off, my HIDs will usually light up, but one or the both of them will flicker and sometimes flicker off unless the engine is running. They run on very high voltage so they need all the juice they can get.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

oh oh oh i know the problem....it's a hid kit....they are gay
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

^?

Make sure your connection from the bulb to the factory harness is correct. Not backwards. The 2 little prong things.

Comment

I just installed a HID kit for my fog lights, old lightbulbs died figured what the hell hahah

I had same prob at first, Wiring from the car to the balast I had on backwards. Atleast my balasts you you could plug the connector in backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                oh oh oh i know the problem....it's a hid kit....they are gay
                haha

Comment

maybe a bad ground

Comment

My guess is they are plugged in backwards on the ballast, I did that when i first got mine, switch it and they worked perfect. I have them on my low/highs 6000K's, great for at night.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      My guess is they are plugged in backwards on the ballast, I did that when i first got mine, switch it and they worked perfect..
                      x2! same think with mine had the same issue when i did the fog's 2 check and make sure power 2 power and ground 2 ground

Comment

Hey guys tried what you all said about switching the power going in to the ballast... Never would have guessed that installing it the "correct looking" way would be wrong.. but sure as hell i go out there.. flip the power going to ballast upside down on the connector. and they fire right up. Thanks guys for all the input guys.. and girls.*raining on my parade*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X