widest tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• widest tires

I'm curious...whats the widest tire you can fit on the front? I found a set of wheels and tires that are 17x10.5 all around. I know they will fit in the back, but will they fit in the front?
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/1402112807.html

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
    Quarter Million Mile Club

Re: widest tires

pretty sure those are just the backs, all those photos have the same tires, and you would not put those tires on front

Comment

Yeah.. are you sure there are 4 of them? It looks like just the two.

I run 275 no problems, but some people rub with the same size, so it's probably about as big as you should go on the front.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I have 275's all around with no issues. I think its a good width for tires.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

yea i also have 275 firestone firehawk tires all around, awesome tires never had any problems
          Robby
          2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
          sigpic

Comment

theres a kid local to me that runs 17x11s all the way around on his. Not sure if he had to modify so they would fit. Hes got 315s on all of them. Has them for autox

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

17 X 9.5's with 275/40/17 BFG G-Force tires all the way around and handles great. Anything bigger than a 275 tire on the front would look weird, plus you have to account for the wear and tear on the pump and rack&pinion or upgraded the steering componets to like a FE4 or FE7 R&P or a manual rack. But a F41 and FE2 are fine with 275 wide tires.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X