Working on interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on interior

Still a work in progress, but I have covered one sun visor with leather and added a mirror. Also covered dash in leather and added a new defrost cover. Let me know what you think.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1541576

Name:	Visor Mirror.jpg
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1541577

Name:	Visor.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1541578

Re: Working on interior

Leather looks nice, but out of place with the cloth headliner. You know what to replace next ;-).

Comment

I'm going to say your passenger side mirror is for the ladies.............LOL Looks good. I need to redo my venton my dash it is broke too.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

nice idea with the defrost cover

Comment

Yea...the defrost cover has been a gaping hole for the past 6 months or so...finally covered it last week. Came out pretty good looking.

As far as the headliner, you are exactly correct, it is disgusting. I will eventually be upgrading to a black headliner.

Comment

What did you use for the surround on the defroster vent? I just sewed a piece of screen into the vent area and folded over the edges, but I like what you have done. Don't have a picture though, I don't think.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I was in advance auto and found a mirror that was supposed to clip on a sunvisor. I measured the plastic trim for the mirror, and it fit perfectly, and was only $6. Took it home and cut out the mirror. Super glued some black plastic mesh material on the inside framing. Spray painted the whole thing a black matte color and let it dry overnight. Super glued the hole assembly to the black leather over the defrost hole. It actually came out a lot better than I thought it would...

Comment

Worked on my passenger door panel yesterday for a few hours. I took off the cloth padding from the door and covered it with black leather. The door padding used to be red, as you can see below.

Name:	Door Pad Original.JPG
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1536213

The original red is faded and has a few cig burns from the previous owner. Here is pad covered in black leather. Currently waiting for it to dry and set in.

Name:	Door pad.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1536215

Name:	Door pad 2.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1536214

I have also removed the grey shag carpet on the bottom of the door and replaced it with black carpet. Not picks on that yet, but will update when completed with the whole door panel.

Let me know what you think so far.

Comment

that looks really nice, i am interested to see the final product

i bet it will look and feel amazing

Comment

red cloth? i had no idea that existed.
                    nice job on the dash and sun visor man. i have been meaning to do my door panels like that but im afraid ill mess them up

Comment

do you have the dimensions or length of how much material to buy to cover the door panels?
                      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

I bought 3 yards of leather for about $40. It is a little over 3ft in width. You could do the door panels with 1 yard easily. I still have to do the driver side, so I will try to make a "how to" for it. Also, I recovered the carpet section on the bottom of the door with new black carpet material from wal-mart. $9 for a 6' x 3' roll of black.

I am going to reinstall the passenger side door panel this weekend, as I am working on covering the nasty grey plastic as well. Trying paint on old plastic parts to see how well it works. May go to a dye solution if the paint doesn't work out.
                        Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 10-21-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

yeah I was thinking of redoing my cloth panels on the doors and then painting all the interior plastic panels with rattle can black. I've done it to the plastic hatch cover and it looks great.
                          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                          1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                          2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

A high quality vinyl or plastic paint may work for a while on the hatch panels or A-pillars, but I'd suggest against it on high wear areas such as the kick panels and door panels. I used a high quality SEM dye/paint on my kick panels and had to repaint them 3 times within months before I just bought a set of black kick panels. There is just nothing that will stick well enough to stay looking good for long periods of time.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

looks loose.
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS