93-97 Camaro plug and play headlight design - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93-97 Camaro plug and play headlight design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 93-97 Camaro plug and play headlight design

yea, I've drawn a few ideas up, but they all look like crap in my drawings... lol... I haven't spent alot of time drawing things out, I just scribble some rough stuff down if I get any new ideas...

I should have enough done by the end of this week (hopefully) that I might be able to show at least the general idea of the design...
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

If Only I knew how to fiberglass.:bowdown:

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
        If Only I knew how to fiberglass.:bowdown:
        I'm by no means a pro... I basically taught myself. Just start small. The first thing I ever made from fiberglass was a fake rock cave thingy for my friend's snake cage... eventually I made some dash pieces and then speaker enclosures, then body parts and now acrylic molds...
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

so... I'm still trying to find some cheap 60mm projectors... anyone know of somewhere I can find some cheapies? I'm not worried about quality at this point bc they will just be used for design purposes. Or if anyone knows about a car that i'd be able to find at a junkyard that has them I'd appreciate it...
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Finished mold:

Don't think I'm going to get much more done today, but soon I'll be actually forming some pieces... I'll probably form 4 or 5 before I get the results I want. I'm sure I'll have to tweak the mold a little bit, especially around where the bolt holes will be since that part will have to be pretty rigid.

but it's gettin there!
            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Lookin' good. If you want some cheap junkyard projectors, find a 98+ camaro and take the foglights out of it hahaha.
              #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Im anxious to see how this turns out. I keep thinking that mold looks alot like an oil pan though.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                  Im anxious to see how this turns out. I keep thinking that mold looks alot like an oil pan though.
                  lol, that'd be a small oil pan... if you look at the header panel you'll see how this will fit right into it...

Originally posted by unvmyrs
                  Lookin' good. If you want some cheap junkyard projectors, find a 98+ camaro and take the foglights out of it hahaha.

I actually thought about that, but they're smaller than what I'm looking for. I haven't had any luck finding any Camaros in junkyards around here anyway... lol
                  Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

You guys have mad skills. Tommy, awesome work on that molding. TheGr8Schlotzky you are an artist. It reflects on your car too.

I'm excited to see the end result of this.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

keep up the good work. I'd be interested in a set if they looked stock.
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Feel free to submit any designs that you would like to see, either in this thread or PM me...

The drawings don't have to be as good as Gr8schlotzky's... lol, just give me an idea of what you would like to see. Or if you'd like, post pictures of other headlights that you've seen for other cars that you like...
                        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I'm thinking that something like this wouldn't be half bad. But I am not 100% on what you have envisioned in your head. :)
                          http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/appea...lackrytek1.jpg
                          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

How do you guys feel about Halos? I know some people like em and some people hate em... but I think they could look good on the 93-97's if I did like "Eagle Eyes" whatcha think?

Still trying to finalize my design... I started making the mold for the lens... much trickier than the mold for the housing since it's all curves and will have to be all hand-shaped, so it'll take me a little while to get it right.
                            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Something similar to this
                              Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

While doing some searching, I found this...

I've never seen this before!! and I thought the headlight wipers were a bit crazy...
                                Last edited by T-Mill; 04-22-2010, 06:34 PM.
                                Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X