Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this work

Hey guys,
    i wanna get some new wheels for my car. i was gonna go with the tsw vairano. i know the bolt pattern is 5X120. my fren said i should look for the center bore and see if it will fit before i do anything. does anyone know if this will work?

Re: will this work

I did a quick search and saw that the bolt pattern is 5x100. That conflicts with your 5x120. Thats for what its worth. I don't know if they'll fit, and am thinking they won't.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Im not sure what kind of car you have, but 4th gen bolt pattern is 5 on 4.75" or in metric: 5 on 120.65mm. What size wheel are you looking at?

Comment

well i got a '99 camaro. i think the bolt pattern is 5x120. i was loooking to get the tsw vairano. they have it in my cars bolt pattern but when i tried to order it through discounttiredirect.com and they said it wouldnt fit because of the bolt pattern being different and i got confused

Comment

basically what i am looking for is an answer to this question. if the wheel is available in the same bolt pattern as my car, will it fit?

Comment

Camaro bolt pattern: 5x120.65
            TSW bolt pattern: 5x120

Some say that will fit properly, others say it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc04 View Post
              basically what i am looking for is an answer to this question. if the wheel is available in the same bolt pattern as my car, will it fit?
              Do you know the diameter, width and offset of the wheel, or maybe a link?

Comment

heres the link.

http://www.tsw.com/app_guide_results...t&model=Camaro

i wanted to get the vairano 18x8 35 offset

Comment

That won't look good without some spacers. With such a low offset, it will be tucked into the fender quite a bit. You may have some rubbing problems on the inside as well.

NTM 120mm and 120.65mm are different sizes. You can make them fit, but different people will tell you different things on whether it's safe or not.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Love the deep dish some of those.
                    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                      Love the deep dish some of those.
                      X2 on the deep dish.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Make sure the hub diameter is the same or get bushings to adapt them. the wheels register on the hubs and the bolts hold the rim to the car. If the wheel has a larger diameter the lugnuts will work lose. Of course if the wheel has a smaller diameter they won't fit.

Comment

thanks for all the input guys.... so if the tsw vairano doesn't work out. does anyone know anything similar?

Comment

If you need nice lug nuts , Gorilla lug nuts are really nice , I picked some up for mine and installe them on the rear. I don't remember where though? LOL But they are chrome and were about $50.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                              That won't look good without some spacers. With such a low offset, it will be tucked into the fender quite a bit. You may have some rubbing problems on the inside as well.
                              High offset mean the wheel will be tucked in more. The higher the offset, the more the wheel is tucked in. The lower the offset, the more the wheel will stick out.

Those wheels 18x8 with 35mm offset will fit, but will they fit properly? Who knows lol
                              Last edited by LS2GTOmang; 11-02-2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X