Gouges in window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gouges in window tint

I've been getting these gouges in my window tint. When I first bought the car it was in the original tint, and I didn't bother wondering what it was since the rest of the tint was fine. Just assumed some idiot scratched them....on both sides....in the same spot. Yea. Not so bright. So I had the tint replaced recently and, voila! The two rubbed spots are back, and ruined the tint on both windows. Anyone had any experience with this? I'm imagining it's something like the window regulator or something in the door panel doing this, but absolutely no clue what, or how to access it even if thats what it is. Ideas? Experiences? Fixes?

\'99 3.8 Firebird<br />Red, T-Tops, Chrome Dante 17\'s, Cold Air Intake, Free Ram Air, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Duels, Performance Plugs/Wires, CATless, Smoothed out Lid<br /><br />Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint...<i>Firebird Power!!</i>

Re: Gouges in window tint

you need to replace the little pads behind the door panel. They cover up the window guides and yours are probably failing or have come off.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
      you need to replace the little pads behind the door panel. They cover up the window guides and yours are probably failing or have come off.
      Yup, that was it! Somehow, both of the brackets on both sides, furthest from the door hinge, broke off, along with the pads. For now I've just removed the toothy tint destroyers and will order a new pair. I attached pictures for others who were curious.

:tup::rock:

What it should look like:

What it looks like when it eats my tint:
      \'99 3.8 Firebird<br />Red, T-Tops, Chrome Dante 17\'s, Cold Air Intake, Free Ram Air, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Duels, Performance Plugs/Wires, CATless, Smoothed out Lid<br /><br />Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint...<i>Firebird Power!!</i>

Comment

Good sh¡t.
        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

dang that looks like it'll do a lot more than what you pictured.
          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
          1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
          2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

what % is that anyways?
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
              what % is that anyways?
              27%....minimum legal in SC. The tint is all around ****ty so having it replaced soon with the, now that I live here, NC legal amount...35%.

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
                dang that looks like it'll do a lot more than what you pictured.
                Yea...it will...those edges were sharp as hell! And have a cut on my index finger to prove it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X