Whistler mod+headlight restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistler mod+headlight restoration

I used 400 grit,1500,2000 all wet,then plastx and megs cleaner wax to restore, then just used some cheapo $2 wal mart paint with some masking tape and silicone.
    before yuck

after

Re: Whistler mod+headlight restoration

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but it looks good. what is wet sandpaper? or is it exactly that.. just wet sand paper
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

its just wet sandpaper

Comment

Looks great.

Wetsanding is sandpaper dipped in water with a little soap so nothing gets stuck in the grit and doesn't mess up your work.

Comment

How difficult was it to get them apart?
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

it was cake 10 mins in the oven at 200 and they popped right off with the help of a butter knife

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
              Sorry to ask a stupid question, but it looks good. what is wet sandpaper? or is it exactly that.. just wet sand paper
              Essentially it is just wet sand paper, but it's not just basic wood sandpaper that you dip in water. There are specific sand papers made for wet sanding. Others would just fall apart with the moisture. Generally automotive sand papers above 80 grit are wet sand papers. You consistently dip the sand paper in a bucket or water or have a flow of water over the surface to be sanded so that the paper does not clog. It's absolutely necessary on higher grit sandpapers when sanding paint or plastics.

Looks much better!
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Now that I looked at the package it is automotive paper and it says wet or dry.....I did it in the tub lmao

Comment

At WalMart they sell the 3M headlight restoration kit, which just pops onto a corless drill and you work to a finer and finer grit then a polishing pad. Made my DEAD old headlights look brand new; and I think it was only like $15 or something lik that

Comment

Wow looks awesome, I need to either use the 3, kit or just some elbow grease to get my z28 lights back to life.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X