Anyone heard or bought from OE wheels? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone heard or bought from OE wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard or bought from OE wheels?

I'm have to get new wheel the chrome is peeling bad on the one that came on my car. I'm a college student and don't have very much money and these prices are unbeatable from what I've seen. I know they are replica's but that doesn't matter to me, just quality, I don't want to have to get another set of wheels in a year or two because these look like hell or are rusting. Here is a link to their homepage. http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/32400

Re: Anyone heard or bought from OE wheels?

I bought mine "used" (never mounted, just not straight from the manufacturer) and they've been on my car which is stored 90% outside for almost two years now and they still look brand new. I didn't pay much attention, but I'm 99% sure they are OEWheels brand.

sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Nice those look great! I just don't understand how their wheels can be so cheap yet have be good quality but those still look awesome!

Comment

That's where I got mine.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I think I got my ZR1 rims from them.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've heard good things, but I'd get away from chrome if you drive in snow/slush. I've never seen an aftermarket chrome wheel be able to hold up to that. If yours is only peeling in the barrel, you can scrape off the peeling area and be ok as well.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

OEwheels is also on ebay, they have some auctions for rims and tire combo with free shipping.

I also got mine from them.
              1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
              1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
              1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
              2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                I've heard good things, but I'd get away from chrome if you drive in snow/slush. I've never seen an aftermarket chrome wheel be able to hold up to that. If yours is only peeling in the barrel, you can scrape off the peeling area and be ok as well.
                It just gets worse after you start peeling parts of it away... Damn brake dust at through the chrome coating on my wheels so bad.

My pops told me you could take your wheels to get em re-dipped or coated or whatever they do, at most tire places. They send em out apparently. I'm gonna be looking into this for myself since I do like my stock wheels that came on my 02 that I want to put back on it but not until they're better..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                  It's mostly the salt on the roads that does that though isn't it? Us west coasters use good ol' fashion gravel so our cars don't rust out after only a few years.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Great company to deal with.

I got my C6 Hyper Blacks from them,they included free chrome lugs and locks.

Comment

Bought mine from them also.

Comment

hell yea

Great prices and products

Id post pics but my site is down

Comment

Nice thanks to all of your inputs, looks like I'll probably get some wheels from them. Last I was leaning towards getting black rims. Still think this is a good option? Just don't want the black paint to chip and start peeling. I know I can always get them re painted but want to get a few years out of them.

Comment

Post a picture of your car. Black wheels work really well on some cars, and not so great on others. I probably wouldn't worry too much about chipping paint on factory painted aftermarket wheels. A nice paint job over bare aluminum will stick very well if done right.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                              Nice!!!!
                              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse