restoration is on its way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restoration is on its way

Well I havent posted on here in forever but I recently started a new project and thought I would share. I am sure a lot of you will be supprised to hear that my power windows were having a problem with the motors. Well they got stuck in the down position and then my car sat for about three weeks. It got plenty of water in it during multiple thunderstorms and was smelling very bad. I was tired of replacing window motors so I have converted to manual windows and am a million times happier. I have gutted the entire original grey interior and will be replacing it with black. The carpets are on the way from yearone including floor mats with embroidered firebird logos. The seats will be redone next month and I'm going to have them done in black leather and suede with red stiching. I may be doing a T-top conversion I havent decided. As for the dash I am trying to track down the same dash as my uncle has in his pro drag car. It looks original but is lightweight (no airbag... or anything for that matter) and i will just cut the holes out for the A/C vents and radio. After I finish with the interior I will be repainting. Then its onto the engine I have no plans of anything more than slightly better than stock rebuild for that. All in all the car will be stock with very subtle diffrences. Pictures to come i just have to get them off my ipad some how.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fbodytrinity; 08-16-2011, 11:44 AM.

Re: restoration is on its way

sorry for the poor picture quality the camera sucks.
    Attached Files

Comment

sounds like a plan.

you still have your old dash, wanna sell it?
      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

If I can find the dash I'm looking for then yeah it's for sale. But the piece that buts up to the windshield is no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbodytrinity View Post
          If I can find the dash I'm looking for then yeah it's for sale. But the piece that buts up to the windshield is no good.
          That's fine, you mean the dash pad itself right? I need the assembly with the vents, HVAC, gauge cluster, etc.
          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Yeah the dash is in decent shape but the pad is shot. But I still need my gauges and controls sorry bud :cool:

Comment

I'm thinking about picking up a 3.4 and doing just this. Painting the car white and doing a T/A body conversion :)

Comment

Originally posted by Fbodytrinity View Post
                Yeah the dash is in decent shape but the pad is shot. But I still need my gauges and controls sorry bud :cool:
                You can keep your gauges and controls lol, I need the body of the dash, with the vents if you can.
                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X