Car wash damage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car wash damage...

Alright so I went through an automatic car wash today, and it ripped off my antenna. The place was closed by the time I noticed, and probably won't take responsibility. Options? Bondo and paint it or find a new mount? Because it ripped it completely out of the car, the mounts under the rear quarter came wth it...

Re: Car wash damage...

wth??? lol u should always use touch less automatic car washers with fixed antennas. go to a junk yard and get replacement parts.

Comment

yeah x2 what were you thinking. lol they ruin paint jobs as well.
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Just go to any auto parts store and get a generic GM one. If you look at the pics of my car I had to replace mine as well.

Comment

Honestly wasn't thinking about it... I run a shorty for a reason, outta sight outta mind. But I would get a GM if it hadn't ripped the entire thing out, not just the part that screws in, but under the panel the three connection points too.

Comment

You should always take the antenna off when going through a car wash. Ebay might have a replacement.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'll get pictures up when I get home... It's not something that looks replaceable to me.

Comment

Could always go with a power antenna.....
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Good luck on finding a replacement. I think Pull and Pay just got rid of their 4th gens just recently so you might be on the waiting list for awhile. :(

Comment

I just want to seal it over, maybe even hide the antenna in the 1/4. But on the plus side, it looks like I got the old one seated in there and it's study enough. Some jbqwik and it seems all good...

Comment

I found a power one from a trans am a while back at a salvage yard. Got it for like $20 cant beat that

Comment

That sucks dude. That's one reason I never use auto car washes, that and they scrach paint. I saw plenty of bad paint from people always using them when I was detailing cars.
                        3M MAFIA
                        ________
                        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                        sigpic

Comment

I got a month free at this one, and my paint needs so much help as is, I doubt I would notice unless it dents the car.. And as for a scrap yard, VF1 is right. All the ones around here, I only found a single 96 Camaro, and that was so far stripped, it was a stretch to call it a gutter roller.

Comment

Fair enought. Theres like 2 guys on here parting out birds, you could get a power one.
                            3M MAFIA
                            ________
                            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                            sigpic

Comment

should let the owner of that car wash know so they can compensate you.

I would never take any of my cars to a car wash, even if it's done by hand. They tend to scratch the clearcoat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X