Car wash damage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car wash damage...

I'm going back tomorrow, and I'll look into a power one... How hard are they to install?

Comment

You have the perfect opportunitiy. Buy:

Bondo
      Primer
      Paint

Seal that old antenna hole up and reroute the wiring to the roof. Drill some holes and install a...

shark fin antenna!

Comment

I could, but I prefer women.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          should let the owner of that car wash know so they can compensate you.

I would never take any of my cars to a car wash, even if it's done by hand. They tend to scratch the clearcoat.
          Most car washes have a sign stating that they are not responsible for damage to antenna, mirrors, etc. I doubt compensation would be a viable route.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

i think shaving the antenna would be cool also. thought about doing it to mine before i painted... however... please don't just put bondo over it.. grind it down and weld in a filler. then bondo away

Comment

I don't know how to do body work nearly well enough for either method... I'm gunna try to get them to fix it, otherwise I'll get either a power, or replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                I could, but I prefer women.
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                sigpic

Comment

sucks dude, i went threw one when i first got my new malibu and the dryers at the end were so powerful that i could hear my roof denting. as i pulled over to go talk to the manager i saw the tiny sign that said they are not resonsible for any damage to cars. thanks f'ers
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Pretty sure a dented roof is more difficult to fix than an antenna... Damn that sucks.

Comment

Mine got stuck on railing and bent my UMI tunnel mount TQ arm , I couldn't get them to pay for anything because the enter at your own risk.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Neither my Bird nor my wife's van have ever been through a car wash. The Bird never will. The van, maybe, when it's getting more beat up. But both vehicles are in mint condition. I hand-wash them in the garage in the winter too, using the handy kerosene heater to keep warm.
                        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

My car is nowhere near perfect... I've got 6 dents in the hood alone, paint is different colors, been hit'n'run twice in a school parking lot, the list goes on and on. I'm not worried about some kinda clearcoat scratch. While on the other hand, my T/A gets that treatment, since it's a '94 with less than 41k on it.

Comment

Just buy a new retracting antenna. If you don't want to pay the full price, then buy a fixed-mount antenna.

I made the stupid mistake of not turning the radio off in a car wash years ago and ruined my Firebird's antenna. :o

The replacement was easy to install.
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...