Halos vs HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halos vs HID

What are some pros and cons about each one? I want to get some new headlights this winter and want your guys/gals opinions. I want something thats bright and looks good during night and day. Thanks

Re: Halos vs HID

grab a pair of projector halos and then convert them to hid's and have the best of both worlds. looks during the day and precision lighting at night, you have my blessing haha.

here's my setup: ccfl projector halos and 8000k hid lows/fogs

daytime headturner:
    [IMG][/IMG]

nighttime performance:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I never knew you could put the HID bulbs in the halo headlights. I might just end up doing that. So just buy the HID bulbs and put them into the halo headlights right? Sounds way too easy lol

Comment

It's exactly that my friend, really easy lol. infact it would look kinda crappy without the HID's :D
        Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
        1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
        1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
        2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

so another words I could get something like this:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...item3369c8f479
          and buy some HID bulbs and just stick the bulbs in the headlights?
          And are the ballast hard to do?

Comment

You'd be best off getting a set of halos and a HID conversion kit. That's what I'm saving up for ATM.

Comment

Can you fund the conversion kits on eBay?

Comment

what do these kits look like? Im new to the whole HID headlights and what not lol

Comment

I did grab a conversion kit off ebay for my fog lights pretty cheap, from hong kong or something but my other HID's for my day timers i bought locally. it's basically the specific bulb (9006 for low beams i believe) and a ballast. there is probably a write up on the internet somewhere. super simple to install.

but the kit it self... (just grabbed this off google images or a generic one because they look the same.) also you arent going to get a suitcase with it.

Comment

and i see you found that old thead so that will probably help you with everything lol.

Comment

Lol.yea. I'm just trying to get a gameplan around on how I want to do everything this winter since my baby will be sitting in the shop. I just hate the factory lights at night plus i for the fog on my drivers side headlight. I want something that looks good and is really bright but doesnt look like a ricer/import lol

Comment

DDM tuning 2 in/out power harness. I recommend it for headlights and fogs when you do HIDs. Some have no problems without it, but I personally had nothing but problems with HIDs til i started using them.

Comment

got my halos from k2motor.com and all of my hid's from ebay american sellers. bulbs, ballasts, and relay harnesses included. took a little research and chin scratchin' when i first got into the scene but no problems that couldnt be ironed out within a couple of beers.
                          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
                            I never knew you could put the HID bulbs in the halo headlights. I might just end up doing that. So just buy the HID bulbs and put them into the halo headlights right? Sounds way too easy lol
                            pretty much that simple, but you do need a decent understanding of your wiring and polarity. it really isn't difficult if you take the time to study where things go and how they connect, so go get your hands dirty.

my specific model ccfl's are H3/H4 bulbs and stock bulb type for the fogs. some of the halos have stock 9006/9005 housings or various others so make sure you have them before you assume and buy a conversion kit that doesnt have the right bulb type.

sigpic

Comment

halos are just plain ugly.

and hid kits makes me want to let an ape drive your car off a cliff to put the lights out for good.
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X