Halos vs HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halos vs HID

Someones grumpy...I kinda like the halo's...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      Someones grumpy...I kinda like the halo's...
      lol not at all...the only cars that i think can pull off halo's are the new camaros and newer bmw's.

as for hid kits....i hate every single car with them. there is no reason your lights should be bright enough to blind other drivers and put their safey at risk.
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
        as for hid kits....i hate every single car with them. There is no reason your lights should be bright enough to blind other drivers and put their safey at risk.
        amen.

Comment

I like my dual 6000K HID's , their not blinding to on coming traffic and light up the road better at night which I need.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i have halos and hids, halos are kinda ricey and the ones i have aren't very bright. but i love hid's
            Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 08-30-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
              lol not at all...the only cars that i think can pull off halo's are the new camaros and newer bmw's.

as for hid kits....i hate every single car with them. there is no reason your lights should be bright enough to blind other drivers and put their safey at risk.
              you can aim even completely stock halogen lights up and blind other drivers just as badly as any other light type. my projectors are aimed for a sharp cutoff on the road so i see much better, but also other drivers are not affected. i've even gotten out of my car while it idles with the lights on in a parking lot and knelt in front of it to see if it would blind me as if i were an oncoming car, and i had no glare or blindness from any distance. i recently put projectors on my jeep too (i know you just love me now ;)) and did the exact same exercise to make sure drivers arent affected or harmed by my oncoming lights. i would have to be laying on the ground looking right into the cutoff to get any discomfort. they're perfectly safe.

almost any new car with any sort of refinement nowadays has projectors and factory hids straight from the manufacturer, they're every bit as useful for the driver as they are for looks and styling. within a few years you probably wont be able to even buy a new car without projectors or hid's unless you go for the bare essentials basic package. audi is even leading the new revolution of lighting and creating headlights that are SAE approved and comprised completely out of LEDs which have even more light output and concentration that regular hids. trust me, i've done my research because i had to defend the legality of my headlights in court from a crooked cop pulling me over and i won my case.

dont get me wrong tho, i know exactly what you mean about blinding when other drivers dont realize how to install or properly aim their setup. i used to have hid's in my jeep with stock reflective housings and it lit up the dark like daytime, but was blinding to others until i switched to projectors.

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              I like my dual 6000K HID's , their not blinding to on coming traffic and light up the road better at night which I need.
              now this is worth the amen.
              Last edited by BallerMaro13; 08-30-2011, 02:20 PM.
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

is there a switch or something just so the halos are on like in the first pic?

Comment

i have mine wired into my parking lights so i just turn them on using the stock light toggle. pretty simple and didnt require putting in an extra switch.
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

dumb question what you mean by parking lights?

Comment

i want to have it where just the halos would be on during the day then at night the rest would be on. sorry for all the noob questions lol

Comment

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
                        dumb question what you mean by parking lights?
                        your parking lights would be considered your already existing DRL's (daytime running lamps), along with side markers and tail lights that run when you turn your headlight switch to the first setting where your actual low beams are not active.

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
                        i want to have it where just the halos would be on during the day then at night the rest would be on. sorry for all the noob questions lol
                        exactly what i mean by my setup. by wiring them into my parking lights, i flip my switch to the first setting and run my halos without low beams, and when its dark or my auto sensor kicks the low beams on the halos come on with them so you'll see halos, low beams, and my fogs all at the same time.

*see my previous post on the first page of this thread*

sigpic

Comment

If my HIDs are blinding someone, then theyre car must be completely slammed to the ground (which is illegal) so too bad LOL.

Comment

is it hard to wire them up like that? I'm not very good wiring stuff up lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X