Doing window tinting yourself! Advice/Comments - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing window tinting yourself! Advice/Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing window tinting yourself! Advice/Comments

I don't think that the 350 bucks for a window tint is worth it.. any tips on doing it yourself? I want tint but dont' have 400 bucks!

Where are you getting your tint done? That price is CRAP. The most anyone I've ever asked said they would charge me was $140. I would find yourself a different place to have your windows tinted. :rolleyes:
    <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

i know i've only gone to one place! ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

i'll keep looking... i was thinkign like 150 or less and he was like 300 i was like ur gay...

Comment

i did mine myself, save yourself the time and don't do it yourself bring it to a shop and have them do it. the only problem is that our windows curv so hard that it wrinkles and there is no was i know to get the wrinkles out so they are they perminently. on the first 3/4 of the window from the front looks awesome, it came out perfect, it's good to do it yourself if you have relatively flat windows, take your time also, it took me like 1.5 hours per side window.
        1996 Chevy Camaro SS<br />#67 of 2,410 made that year with the slp package<br />Street Lethal Fbody Association Member<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html</a>

Comment

i tried doing it by myslef but i'm too impatient! Should I do window tint or CAI?? [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't know what to do?!?!?!?!

Comment

300 bux!? dang! lol, i got mine done like 3 days ago for 150. I'd get the tint 1st (if it gets real hot there) if not, get cai with a nice kn or holley filter [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

tint in the cincinnati area is only 130, tell the dude that told you 350 to shove it up his AZZ
              Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

I think i did... He said it and I said

"Oh ok... sorry i was just looking for a good price [img]smile.gif[/img] "

Comment

Never do the tint yourself! it always comes out terrible unless you spend your whole life on it. its worth the 150 bucks for a pro to do it.
                  2000 silver pontiac firebird (fully loaded)<p>Performance: K&N filter, carbon fiber whisper lid, SLP ram air, air temp module, 80 series flowmaster.<p>Non-Performance: rim spinner lights, carbon fiber pedals, reflective pontiac on back, PA system with CB, Cobra Radar, and etc.

Comment

maybe it's just me but I think it costs more in different areas. Like up in Oregon where I just moved from, the best price I could find was like $250 and believe me, I called EVERYWHERE. Now that I'm in LA, I'm hearing of places that will do everything for around $130 like mentioned in this thread. That kind of makes sense... there's probably a lot more window tinting shops here in socal then in Oregon which would drive the cost of tinting down when companies compete. I just never paid much attention to it...
                    1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

world is a very weird place, isnt it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Take my word for it... dont' do it yourself. Especially if you're impatient. $300-400 is way too high. You shouldn't pay more than $40-50 per window times 3 thats $150 TOPS. Pay for quality the first time with window tint... trust me on this one.

-Mike
                        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Alright I guess monday I go to look for someone who isn't trying to hustle me.

Comment

get the tint, it would look awesome on your black rs ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X