Going for a tint tomorrow -- need your opinions - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going for a tint tomorrow -- need your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for a tint tomorrow -- need your opinions

So I'm taking my black firebird for a tint tomorrow. The place I am going to does good work, and I have been dealing with the owner there since the 1980s.

They offer 3 shades of tint -- 5%, 20% and 35%. I was told that 35% is considered legal in my area.

I like the uniform look, and I was thinking of getting 20% all the way around. What do you guys think? I think the last Firebird I had we did it at 35%, and it looked OK, but it wasn't all that dark. I don't like it super dark, but if I am going to pay money for a tint I want something that tends to be slightly darker rather than lighter.

Your opinions? Should I go for 20% all the way around, or go 5% on the back? What would look best on a black firebird?

Thanks.

i have had 20% all around and i know have 5% alla round if you dont want real dark 20 is a good medium i recommend that for ya! if y could get like 12 or 15 that would be a good medium, dark were you can barely see inside but light enough to see outside, but in your case go with 20

Comment

20% all the way around sounds like what you'd like most.
      -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

i have 20 and its fine
        Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

Thanks alot for your input folks. I will ask for 20 all around. The one thing that bugs me I just remembered - you know the back windows on the 4th gens have that bubbly surface near the top? Its hard for the tinters to get that part to thoroughly stick... but its not a big deal as you can't notice it that much. I wonder why Pontiac/Chev did that though.

Comment

i dunno my car has been through4 sets of tint that i know of and it all bubbles a little bit it bothers me sometimes but no biggy they guy said it is worse on mustangs and other cars something to do with uv such and such from gm!!! nothing you can really do about it

Comment

On mine I had 5% on the back and 20% on my roll downs, yea the 20% is illegal (35% is legal), but it looks real good.

Comment

id say 20 % on the sides and 5 on the back thats what i got look for one of my post it has pics of it before and after
                1999 Firebird 3.8 Chamelon<br /><br />MagnaFlow Catback<br /><br />Devon

Comment

Originally posted by therock:
                  id say 20 % on the sides and 5 on the back thats what i got look for one of my post it has pics of it before and after
                  Thanks, I actually saw your photos a while ago but forgot about it. I know with a darker back window tint it will block the amount of light going into the cabin, thus making the front window tint appear even darker. The tint looks good on your car though. I will definitely get 20% on the front windows, I don't think the police will hassle me on those. The only thing I am afraid of with 5% on the back is that is will look too dark in contrast to the front... does it look good to you or would you rather have had the same shade of tint all the way around now that you see the result of 20/5?

Do you have difficulty seeing out of the back at night?

Comment

I have 13% on the rear and 32% on the front, I think I'd rather have 22% on the front and 7% on the rear....

Cause I have a white maro and the contrast would be uber sharp with near blackout.

Comment

It is kind of hard to see out the back window, but you eventually get used to it, I only have problems on the highway at night getting off a exit and getting on a new one, thats when I need to roll the window down to see clearly through the mirror, since there isnt much light on the highways here.

Comment

UPDATE: I went for a tint last wednesday. Got 20% all around, and it looks very good. It is actually darker than what I had anticipated. I paid $170 cash and this was for the higher grade scratch resistant, uv protected, nasa james bond quality film.

I haven't driven my car since Wednesday, its sitting in my garage... I was told not to lower windows or go to car wash for 4-5 days. Anyways, I thought I better just leave it there because I am such a dummy sometimes I would probably open the windows without realizing it.

But for sure 20% all around looks very nice if your car is painted black. Its a good match.

The only thing I need to fix next are my headlights... they pop open automatically but not necessarily at night time. The switch turns on the lights, but it does not raise the popups (ie. they stay down). I just got the car about 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X