First Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Car Show

What all should I do to prepare for my car's first car show? The car was just painted and has only been out of the shop for about a week (2 weeks this saturday), should I wax it the day before or should I just wash it and give the paint more time to cure? I'm going to paint my interior and get limo tint put on tommorow hopefully. Besides all of his what else appearance wise should I do before the Birmingham Fbody Association car show saturday?
    2000 Navy Blue Metallic WS-6<br />Stock for now.

DO NOT WAX FRESH PAINT FOR 6 WEEKS!!!!!
    Trust me, it will stain the paint, I've got a job at a body shop for the summer, and just preped a car that has to be painted a second time in 3 weeks because of this.
    2001 3.8l<br />Monsoon 500 watt<br />Automatic tranny<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/1hotv6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/1hotv6</a>

Comment

Totally, you just got it painted, so merely wash it. The clearcoat will do the rest, assuming you got a clearcoat =]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chris94Bird:
        What all should I do to prepare for my car's first car show? The car was just painted and has only been out of the shop for about a week (2 weeks this saturday<hr></blockquote>

Definately skip the wax...the body shop should have told you that, shame on them if they didn't. The paint is still emitting vapors and will for some time. It needs to finish curing before you put anything on it. As for the rest of the car, drtail everything, no dirt visible in engine compartment. (this is a lot of work by the way) Extremely clean is a must!!!! Use some Eagle One Wet Tire Shine...get the little foam curved pads too, they make it a lot easier. The directions will say to spray the tire and then use the pad...if you do that you will have to clean the wheels to get the wet tire stuff off of them. What I did was spray the stuff directly on the curved pad...pay attention to the wind direction, don't let that stuff get on your paint. Watch for finger prints and get the chrome perfect. I use Never Dull...it is a cotton swabbing that really shines chrome and takes just about anything off of them. Find out when the judging starts and be sure to wipe down the car surface with the softest detail brush you can find. Car shows are fun, just remember the difference between a trophy and no trophy is in the details...detail it until you cannot find anything left to detail then have a friend look it over, you may miss something. Good Luck
        97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

He's right.. the more you clean, the more dirt you will find. Make sure the entire car is spotless including the engine compartment, the wheel wells, even the insides of your rims. (You'll have to take the wheels off to clean them, most likely). Take a q-tip to any body molding or crevices where there could be dirt. And don't forget the interior. It takes me approximately 4 hours to get my car show ready. So take your time, do it right, and good luck. There's nothing like winning a first place trophy or any trophy for that matter.
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X