Leather seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather seats

Has anyone ever switched from cloth to leather seats? what else would have to be changed? i would like to have leather seats is this a bad idea?
    \'98 Black Firebird A4<br />T-tops<br />\'98 Silver Grand Prix GTP

ul have to change the door panels too if u want them to match up right.....

Comment

Check these out...
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42612

Comment

I've been told, depending on the color before and after, that you have to replace quite a bit.

I have the dark grey cloth seats (I don't see them often) and I wanted to upgrade to black leather to make my car black on black.

I was told that to do this I would need to replace the steering wheel, entire dash board, the shift knob, the entire center console, the door panels, and something in the back (plastic).

That seems like such an expensive operation that I can't afford, it may not even be worth it unfortunately...
        Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

I think on most cars with leather, or gray cloth seats (not sure on the tan leather cars), that the dash, steering wheel, and console are all that same dark gray color. Anybody know for sure, the one's i've always seen are. So you should just have to change the rear and front seats, no big deal. Oh, and the door panels also so that they will match, that's it as far as I know.
          2000 Navy Blue Metallic WS-6<br />Stock for now.

Comment

I was told that to do this I would need to replace the steering wheel, entire dash board, the shift knob, the entire center console, the door panels, and something in the back (plastic)

That deal on Ebay is decent. Those are Firebird leather seats but they come with everything you need for a leather interior. I don't know why anyone would tell you that you need to replace the steering wheel, entire dash board, shift knob and center console.. You don't. The center console is plastic on all the cars, the steering wheel is leather wrapped (I'm pretty sure ALL the newer fbodies come that way) and the dash is plastic on all the cars. You would need to replace the front and rear seats and door panels only. Leather is definately a nice addition to the car. This is my 3rd Camaro and I made sure mine had leather interior this time. It's beautiful.
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I got quoted 800-1000 for black leather at a local shop where i got my visors done.

This included all the seats and the door panels.

Also the guy said he could write "CAMARO" in white on the front part of the headrest of the seats.
              My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

Comment

Go look at my webpage, and click on pics. Rob and I switched out my cloth seats for 98 SS leather seats. You'll find some before and after pics there. It was no big deal. The biggest hassle was moving the front seats in and out, because they're so heavy.

My webpage here

[ July 14, 2003: Message edited by: Jana ]</p>
                Jana<br />-Black,1996 3800 V6 Camaro with T-tops, Powerdyne 6 psi. SC, intercooled, front mounted ATI air to air two core intercooler, K&N Air Filter, Suncoast Ram Air Hood, Z-Style, with Air Box, Four wheel disk brakes conversion, with LS1 front brake conversion, 3.42 Gears, Cross drilled directional Rotors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Flowmaster 80 Series muffler with 2.5\" inlet, and 3\" outlet, dual, chrome exhaust tips (soon to be full Flowmaster Thunder Series Catback with Pacesetter Headers), Stock LT1 Formula sway bars (soon to be 1LE\'s all around), 17 x 9 ZR1/SS chrome rims, with Firestone Firehawk 275/40/17 tires, Bilstein SLP valved shocks, Eibach springs, SLP Subframe connectors, BMR adjustable Torque Arm, 1LE Aluminum driveshaft, Taillight cover black-outs, Turn signal black-outs, Custom 3800 V6 decal, Off-road pipe, 160 Thermostat, SLP Fan Control Switch, B&M Transmision pan, B&M Shift Plus, Herb Adams solid adjustable PHR, etc.<br />-Soon to be added, headers, lightweight k-member.<br />-All thanks to my wonderful, supportive boyfriend, Rob, with the red hot 94 Firehawk Formula at: <a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com\" target=\"_blank\">Rob\'s Hawk</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com/Jana/Camaro/\" target=\"_blank\">Jana\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

See...I think it depends on what color you're upgrading to. Aren't the steering wheels w/ black leather...black? all my interior parts are gray, because I have dark gray cloth seats...
                  Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

I have a gray cloth interior didnt want to change colors at all...

thanks for all the info.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Rob has all tan interior, and his dash and steering wheel are dark grey. I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I believe that all F-Bodies have the same color dash and steering wheel. Only the seats, door panels, and carpets are different colors.
                      Jana<br />-Black,1996 3800 V6 Camaro with T-tops, Powerdyne 6 psi. SC, intercooled, front mounted ATI air to air two core intercooler, K&N Air Filter, Suncoast Ram Air Hood, Z-Style, with Air Box, Four wheel disk brakes conversion, with LS1 front brake conversion, 3.42 Gears, Cross drilled directional Rotors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Flowmaster 80 Series muffler with 2.5\" inlet, and 3\" outlet, dual, chrome exhaust tips (soon to be full Flowmaster Thunder Series Catback with Pacesetter Headers), Stock LT1 Formula sway bars (soon to be 1LE\'s all around), 17 x 9 ZR1/SS chrome rims, with Firestone Firehawk 275/40/17 tires, Bilstein SLP valved shocks, Eibach springs, SLP Subframe connectors, BMR adjustable Torque Arm, 1LE Aluminum driveshaft, Taillight cover black-outs, Turn signal black-outs, Custom 3800 V6 decal, Off-road pipe, 160 Thermostat, SLP Fan Control Switch, B&M Transmision pan, B&M Shift Plus, Herb Adams solid adjustable PHR, etc.<br />-Soon to be added, headers, lightweight k-member.<br />-All thanks to my wonderful, supportive boyfriend, Rob, with the red hot 94 Firehawk Formula at: <a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com\" target=\"_blank\">Rob\'s Hawk</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com/Jana/Camaro/\" target=\"_blank\">Jana\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

Yeah I have a 2000 Camaro with factory tan leather, its only the seats and door panels that are tan, the dash, shifter and steering wheel are all dark gray. Oh the carpet is also tan, hope that helps ya. You could probably get that stuff from a salvage yard and save yourself some money. Just a thought. Good luck
                        Shane
                        00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

Thats thought...black would be kinda cool since my car is black...but carpet i do not want to change...if just seats and panels needed to be changed i would give it more thought

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X