Ground FX keeps comming of (help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground FX keeps comming of (help)

the double sided tape on my front air dam keeps coming off, is there any special tape or some like it stronger enogh to prevent it to keep falling (i do not want screws nails or any stuff like it )

can u guys help me whit this problem [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
    headers, high flow cat, slp loudmouth
    powerdyne supercharger 6psi
    GT2 cam. all done by myself :banana:
    Hell yea

the 3m double sided tape... it has a red plastic lining ( the part u take off)

clean surfaces really well before applying... that will fix it

Comment

i will try it

Hell yea

Comment

I used a drill and a self tapping screw to hold mine on. I painted it red to match my car and you can't even see it unless you look for it.
        <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

hey thanks for the tip, but like i said I DO NOT want screws [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
          Hell yea

Comment

i didnt want screws at first either, and i tried everything else, till i gave up and screwed it on there. not it looks great.

you might try 3m super strenght weatherstrip adhesive, but its not much better than screws. when you start messing with glue that powerful, youre better off just using screws. its better to have one litte hole in the body when you take off the kit (if you ever would) than an entiere line of paint torn off.

[ November 18, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Hey.. I had the same problem on my wings west kit. The front peice on the bumper was not sticking. I tried re-applying the tape a couple times but it was allways falling off. Finnally i used some rubbing alcohol on both sides of the surface where the tape makes contact. CLEAN and even use a little sand paper to clean it up real good before you apply the tape. Also ive noticed if you start ataching the ground effect in the middle and work your way to the outside it sticks and lines up real nice. Its trial and error pretty much, but just clean the surfaces with alcohol before applying the tape and you should be good to go
              Mystic teal 96 camaro,3.8L, Wings West ground effects, Custom two-tone leather. Fast some day?<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/463876\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/463876</a>

Comment

I will second the already mentioned 3M double sided tape. It is the only thing I know of.

Comment

badbird I think I saw you today over by Grisham middle school, you had the top down.. if that was you.
                  AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

yes nice bir you got there
                    Hell yea

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...