need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

hey guys i have 5 cars at my house including mine and a while back my sis got into an accident with her rsx and theres seems to be like roughness in some spots is this overspray and how do i get rid of it? i heard a claybar is a good way but i never used one b4, any help be great
    2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Best way is to get some pictures first. It could be overspray and most likely it is if thats where the body shop painted it. If it were my car i'd take it to the body shop and have it fixed because it's a flaw in their work, if they give you crap give the insurance company crap, if you give someone crap they'll fix your problem. In a last resort i'd try buffing it out with some 3M Rubbing Compound, if it's a small spot by hand.

[ July 16, 2003: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

Comment

Id you do try to go at it yourself, start out with the clay bar. do a search for more info on that, its discussed to death. if that doesnt work for you then go on and try rubbing compound, but beware, rubbing compound is only as wonderful as the person using it. it can ruin your paint as quick as it can fix it.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

What he said. If it is overspray and hasn't set too bad, the clay bar may take care of it. If it's on solid, it will have to be buffed out. Anyone can buff paint, the same as anyone can do brain surgery - take it to a pro to have it done.
        <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X