Black Top Vs Colored top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Top Vs Colored top

Hi Guys, I'm wondering why some camaros have a colored roof and some have a black one. I can't seem to come up with any justification.

Thanks for your help.

YOu mean hard top or t-tops?
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
    Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

yea the camaros with black tops have T-tops, the colored ones are just plain hardtops
      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

No. Some hard top camaros have black painted tops and some are colored. WHY? I'm not just talking about t-top camaros either

Comment

i think it used to be one way, and at some point they changed it to another. they had either black b-pillars and that roof behind the t-tops was black as well
          mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

Just from observing, I think some camaros have a non-removable tinted glass top.... others without that option would be colored according to the car. Just an idea, not sure on accuracy here.
            1997 Camaro RS, 3800II, Y87, A4, Red, 30th Anniversary, 145k, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm wires...

Comment

A black hardtop was available during the 93-97 body style. (not sure if it was for every year during that period) You did not have to have T-tops to get it.

No, 4th gen f-bodys never had a "non removable glass top".
              \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

for a while i believe you could go with either a color matched top, or a black top

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Dont't V6's have the colored tops, and V8's have the straight black top and mirrors or something? that's seems to be the norm from what I've noticed. Maybe it's just coincidence and there are options, but I've noticed all V8's pretty much have the black top section whereas V6's have it colored in body color.
                  AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

On hard top Camaros V6's always have body colored roofs. Z28's have black roof standard, but it could be ordered with body colored as an option. I think they stopped doing the black mirrors in 97 or 98. So for the most part body colored top means V6, unless you see the fairly rare option of body colored Z28. Ive been considering painting my roof black, i thnk it gives the entire greenhouse of the car a cleaner look, especially with tinted windows and the lack of a body colored A pillar.

Cp

Comment

Having a colored hard top and colored C-pillar (the one behind the roof) was an option. It was monochromatic roof/pillar. So you could either get t-tops, colored roof/pillar, or black roof/pillar.
                      Polo Metallic Green \'96 Camaro w/Y87 Performance Package<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/greenmaro24\" target=\"_blank\">Corey\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LilRedBuggy:
                        Just from observing, I think some camaros have a non-removable tinted glass top.... others without that option would be colored according to the car. Just an idea, not sure on accuracy here.<hr></blockquote>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> On hard top Camaros V6's always have body colored roofs. <hr></blockquote>
                          ...at least from the factory.
                          That was my very first mod(15 miles on the odo).
                          I drove the car home, called the body shop, dropped it off the next day.
                          IMO...the blacked out greenhouse on white car is so much nicer than the white roof.
                          2002 CAMARO \"RS\"<br /> 3800/M5/Y87

Comment

Hmm, I still think that black roof was part of the Z28 option on Camaros.... But i dunno/care.

So how much did that paint run you if you dont mind me asking? Ive always thought of getting it done.

Cp

Comment

it's so funny seeing everyone having differnt "facts'....lol j/k
                              my red camaro didn't have t-tops and it had a colored roof....
                              my BLACK firebird w/ t-tops is black...

lol sorry i know i didn't help!..lol
                              <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                1 day ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X