No announcement yet.

Black Top Vs Colored top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Hmm, I still think that black roof was part of the Z28 option on Camaros <hr></blockquote>
    Yes, the Z28 pkg came w/black roof on some years, I don't remember which.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> So how much did that paint run you if you dont mind me asking? Ive always thought of getting it done.

<hr></blockquote>
    It was about $500. I could have gotten it for less, but I wanted it done right, so I went to the best body shop in the area. You'd never know it wasn't factory!
    2002 CAMARO \"RS\"<br /> 3800/M5/Y87

Comment

ok, as for the black roof, it didn't matter if you had T-tops or not, or if it was a v6 or v8, Camaro came standard with black roof and mirrors. "Color coded body panels", quoted right from the brochour, was an option. This options made the roof and the mirrors match the color of the rest of the body. This info is straight from a 3 different year camaro brochours. This aught to put this debait to an end. Hope I helped.
      98 White T-Top Firebird<br />w/ the crome 5 star rims<br />FRA, Smoothed stock lid,<br />Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=346111\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=346111</a>

Comment

Well, my car didnt have a single option and the roof is body painted, so that shoots that down...what year is that brochure from?

This is a completely trivial yet somehow still interesting thread.

Cp

Comment

houtex is right, i dont give a crap what your brochure says, the v8 came from the factory with black roofs the v6 came with colored. the end
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

correct....

for most years.

The 02 SS 35th got colored roof. (red)

Ryan.
            1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

hmmm.. no wonder people kept asking me if my RS was a V8 all these years. *Looks outside at my 3.8 with it's black roof and mirrors from the factory*

Guess somebody goofed when they painted my car. But I love the contrast.
              1996 Arctic White Camaro RS with optional Y87 V6 Performance Package<br />2002 Sebring Silver Camaro SS with optional 345 HP Package

Comment

from what ive read the 93 94 camaro where all black topes and from 95 and on the colered top was an option the whole t top thing dose not really come into play casue ive seen colored tops with t tops

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ztwenty8:
                  from what ive read the 93 94 camaro where all black topes and from 95 and on the colered top was an option<hr></blockquote>

My '93 came with a body colored top.

It also came with black mirrors and door handles.
                  <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/leonwithneons\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Grand Prix GTP</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    1 day ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X