Engine components glassbeaded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine components glassbeaded?

While my shop has a glassbeader I figure I should take advantage of it and dress up my engine a bit. I'm going to take off a couple brackets in my engine and glass bead them and everything. What are some other suggestions on things in my engine compartment I should glassbead. I'm going to leave the MAF and throttle body alone. I don't wanna get glass bead in my engine or nothing. I was thinking about the valve covers. How hard are they to take off? They have a oil residue on them and need cleaning bad? Should I clean them or no? Any input is appreciated.

Ted

Use cleaner! Do not glassbead unless you plan on painting. It will leave pits anyway. Try Heavy Duty Foamy-Brite engine cleaner. You can spray it on and hose it off. It does a good job. If all else fails, use Easy Off oven cleaner. It's really harsh, but sometimes that's what's necessary.
    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

I'm just planning on glass beading some small brackets in there. I guess i'll leave the valve covers alone. I glass bead tons of stuff all the time for engines on planes and they are fine. I never have a problem with glassbeading. BTW, our block is iron right but are all the components pretty much made outta aluminum. Like the valve covers, tb, etc...

Ted

Comment

Well, yeah, but I couldn't imagine removing engine components to clean oil off of them. If you took the valve covers off, you will spill oil down the side of your block anyway.
        \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X