Interior Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Questions

Ok, got a few questions here related to my interior.

1.I have painted some of my interior, including the vents themselves, and I'm very displeased to how the vents turned out. I own a 99 camaro and I know how to remove the vents from the dash. But how do I remove the vents themselves from the little plastic assembly they're in? I don't want to paint the vents themselves, I just want to paint the plastic around them, and then put the vents back into it. It seems they can come off, I just don't want to break anything :(

2. I have removed the speaker covers from all six speakers places in my car. Now I would like to paint them, but they have this cloth on the reverse side. I'm afraid if I paint it that the cloth will make it look nasty. Sooo, I attemped to peel the cloth off the back side, but in certain sections it is glued!!! how do I remove it completely!?

3. How would I go about buying new vents for my car?

4. I recently purchased plastic primer, spray paint, and a clear coater.. how long will I expect the shineyness to last?

5. This's a little off topic, but what rim sizes fit in my car? (99 camaro, sap)

6. umm that's it, lemme know.. thx
    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

oh, another question I forgot to ask. I'm about to purchase Zaino car wax, and I'm curious the correct steps in waxing my car correctly! Should I buy a electronic buffer? I just really wanna do it right, thx
    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

1. I just took a screw driver and kinda got mine out they came out just fine with out hurting anything.

2. I painted all of my speaker covers with lots of coats of paint and they came out just fine, the foam behind it didn't even look nasty. It still looks like it did. I wouldn't worry about it and paint over it.

3. Go to gmpartsdirect.com and goto customer service and tell them what your looking for, they'll hook you up with some part numbers in a day or two, or you could always call around to some salvage yards.

4. The shinyness should last for a long time, however i would spray your speaker covers down with a few extra coats, when I did mine when you have to flex them to put them back in sometimes the paint might chip off a little.

5. I've seen fbody's with 20s on them.

6. no problem

7. Never buff when your waxing, you only buff when your compounding your car. Don't worry about it, I made the same mistake too a long time ago and bought a buffer to wax my car. Most people go in a swirling motion but the correct way to wax is to go in a back and forth manner when applying it and wiping it off because you can scratch the paint if you go in a circular motion.

Comment

hey thanks for the answers!! I couldn't access the forum for a few days and it kinda sucked.

So there's no specific size rim that'll fit in our wheel wells, anything will fit? I was considering 17s or 18s. Just curious

Comment

See sig.
          Email me for Zaino help or go to LS1.com
          <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X