Indiglo Gauges Installed, problems now.. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiglo Gauges Installed, problems now..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiglo Gauges Installed, problems now..

It took my friend and me about 3 hours to install these gauges, it was easy to take apart the dash and hook it up, the hard part for us was finding where the wires went, we used the light switch brown wire, and then the damn needles. They were a pain in the *** to take off and then to put it in the right spot again took a while.
    Well I thought it was all perfect until last night I was test driving the car and I see that the damn temperature gauge doesn't move at all, there is no way a firebird can stay at 160 degrees for 20 mins or so. My dad also drove it later that night and noticed the same problem.
    So this morning I woke up at 7 and worked on it, I took it apart again and tried to take off the needle to reput back on, well the damn gray cover of the needle broke off, so its all lose now and the gauge still doesn't work. I tried turning it all the way around clockwise and counterclockwise thinking maybe it wasn't aligned right, nothing works, the best results I got was for the temperature measure to go up when the car was turned off, other than that nothing. I spetn about 1.5 hours outside and now I am at home whining, lol.
    Anybody know how to set the temperature gauge back to normal? Is there a button to reset it or turn it a certain way?
    Did I brake it by turning it clockwise or something??

BTW I got those gauges that BATMAN has on the board, they look awesome, except for the part that hte needles are a little too orange, so it clashes a bit. They are bright as **** at night.
    2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

anyone???
    2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NSolano:

Did I brake it by turning it clockwise or something??

<hr></blockquote>

i dont really know, but it sounds like that could have been it

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

maybe you used the wrong wires

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X