Front nostril grille for Firebirds...? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front nostril grille for Firebirds...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front nostril grille for Firebirds...?

I've always been curious about whether or not anyone has ever thought about filling in those two holes in the front of the 93-97 Birds with grilles, then maybe cut two round holes for fog lights. I'm pretty sure no one makes such an item, but has anyone ever heard of/thought of/seen something like this? It's not that I don't like the nostril thing, I just think it'd be unique, but only if tastefully done. I'm sure there are a lot of ways it could be done wrong, but if it were set back into the holes an inch or two, I think it would really stand out. Any ideas?
    \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

i think it'd be really hard to see the grille because the nostril covers are so far back into the nose. i took out the covers, cut holes in them, and mounted fog lights to them. and i've also heard of people removing them to get a little more air into the engine compartment to help cool it down
    mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

I don't mean replace the covers that are way in the back, I mean put it over the nostrils themselves. But not flush with the rest of the front end, have it like an inch or two into the actual nostril (which would still be like 6 inches in front of those covers that you're talking about, which are waaay in the back).
      \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

Comment

I understand what you mean. Kinda like "shaving" the nostrils making them almost flush to with the point. Interesting idea. I'm thinking like maybe a really tasteful kind of mesh screen sorta like the grill inserts on 98+ fenders. A metal mesh screen or a plastic painted silver or whatever color you wanted. If I had the time (and my old bird back that had that front end) I would try to mimic the way the 98+ grill inserts sit in their recesses. How do those grills clip or grab the body? Can that be duplicated? Or maybe figure out another way of doing it. That would be a very creative and fun project.

Comment

the grill would be really hard to do i think... where would you get them manufactured?? anyway, theres a pic in the photo gallery at v6fbody of a 95? bird with a really sweet looking set of foglights inserted there... im looking for the stuff to make a simialar setup for my 97. the only problem is that is a damn tough area to get at without taking the whole nose off.... unless theres a way that i havent figured out yet.
          \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

by the way, bird1055, where did you get your stripe? i want a 6" blue stripe.... ive been looking and cant find one?
            \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

That's my biggest problem, is figuring out how to make them "grab" the body to make them stay in there. If nothing else, you could just glue them in there, as long as you hide it well. I have no idea where you'd have something like that made, maybe you'd just have to find people who fabricate custom stuff for a living, but even then it'd probably cost quite a bit. It was just an idea. And ellik: My stripes are the Ram Air-style stripes with the little birds starting at the bottom of the stripes. I'll include the link to the site below (again). I've been praising this site for a long time now, because they've got everything you could possibly want, and at much better prices than anywhere else. Mine are dual metallic colors, charcoal silver/black. But they do have the single stripe also, if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.autografics.com/pages/birds4.htm

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: Firebird1055 ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X