Everyone who has done stripes on a 98+ Camaro please look inside - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone who has done stripes on a 98+ Camaro please look inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone who has done stripes on a 98+ Camaro please look inside

I am looking to do this i have a pewter 2k camaro. I was wandering if yall have any pics and where yall bought your stripes and if yall installed them yourselves and if not how much did u pay
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Cut and paste this

http://www.geocities.com/blue_flame_v6/red/RedFront.jpg

I got them on a little crooked but I bought them from a guy off of e-bay. cost me $80
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
      Cut and paste this

http://www.geocities.com/blue_flame_v6/red/RedFront.jpg

I got them on a little crooked but I bought them from a guy off of e-bay. cost me $80
      <hr></blockquote>

Looks like you might have put them on backwards too. :D

Comment

Can you run your finger acrossed the hood and not feel where the stripe starts? I mean does a stripe kit look more like a sticker or does it mold really good and tight and look like paint? Does the texture feel perfectly smoot or do they stick out a hair like a normal sticker would?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:

Looks like you might have put them on backwards too. :D
          <hr></blockquote>

No there not backwards that is just the picture

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
          Can you run your finger acrossed the hood and not feel where the stripe starts? I mean does a stripe kit look more like a sticker or does it mold really good and tight and look like paint? Does the texture feel perfectly smoot or do they stick out a hair like a normal sticker would?<hr></blockquote>

Yes you can feel them you will have to paint and clear coat them on if you don't want to be able 2.
          2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

does that guy still sell them on ebay or where else can i order them cause i wont the same ones u have
            <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

No he doesn't but I can get you some made locally if you can't find them. You might wanna check www.zbaron.com I bet Kevin can hook you up

Comment

stripes will look good on your car kris..those stripes kinda look like the Rk sport Big attitude stripes..get them we will install them and cover up that nasty little ding you have on the hood

Jeff W :D

Comment

This is paint

hood got damaged not too long ago so the car is in the bodyshop right now. I got a cowl hood and the stripes will be going up 2 inches into the cowl, but will still be the same size.
                  98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

NBMA is right, RKsport has some great looking stripes, they are $130. They come in black, white, silver, red, orange, and etched. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                    99 White 5-speed camaro 3.8<br />K&N airbox+filter, RK sport ram air, NX Wet system 75hp shot Falken tires, red big attitude stripes, red cardon rear letters and front emblem

Comment

I know I dont have a camaro, but I do have vinyl stripes. They look just like paint until you get real close and examine the edges, where the vinyl wraps into crevices. I had mine installed professionally, so it cost about 200 including the stripes. I had to pay about twice as much for the stripes because they are the color-shifting cameleon kind.

I'd say the money you save over paint is totally worth it- if you get the decals made out of the right material, they look just like paint.

Joe
                      All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X