Engine Painting in Progress! Give Me Opinions - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Painting in Progress! Give Me Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Painting in Progress! Give Me Opinions

I've begun the slightly rigorous process of painting my entire engine. I started with the fuse box cover, the 1LE elbow, and the valve covers in dark blue 500* engine paint. Looked great to me, so I continued. Painted 90% of black hoses in black heat coating so they are very dark and are sturdier. Continued to paint front of engine in 500* engine paint (black) and painted brackets and baseplate for coils in blue.
    Accidently got paint on drivebelt so replacing it with Gatorback Poly-V Belt $20 [img]smile.gif[/img] Going to paint top manifold and alternator casing (silver parts) in dark green and then polish "3800 Series II" to a shiny silver over the green. Will post pictures when done.
    C. Boney<br />1997 Firebird 3.8L V6<br />---------------------<br />Modifications:<br /> <br /> SLP Cold Air Induction, Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Carsound 3\" High Flow Cat, Sweet Thunder 24\" Chambered Muffler, Removed Rear Exhaust Section, Custom Fan Switch, 35th Anniv. Silver Stripes, Old T/A-Style Silver Sail Birds

Umm sounds good but I want to see pictures. Its always good to hear about people wasting time on their cars to make them better.

Gerry
    <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

OK, not that I'm knocking on you at all, but let me get this straight. Basically you have a black block, blue valve covers, coil plate,etc, and green upper manifold and alternator casing???? This seems like a major clashing of colors. What color is the car? I think like an electric blue for the covers, stuff like that would be bad a**. However, a painted upper manifold, much less a GREEN one doesnt sound nice at all. If i were you, i would ditch the green, and get some finer grades of sandpaper and a bufing wheel and buf the heck outta your upper manifold. With enough work, you can get it to a highly polished aluminum finish that will DEFINATELY catch people's eyes when you pop the hood. Just my thoughts.
      1979 Z28 Camaro, 1 of 10,000 Factory 4 speeds. <br />1994 Camaro Sport Coupe, M5<br />Best ET: 15.31@91.5 (25 hp NOS)

Comment

Are you doing all this with the motor in or out of the car?
        Seems like it would be pretty tough with it in....not much room to work.
        Good luck w/it. Post some pics when you're done.
        <b>94 Firebird, 3.4 V6, Red, M5</b><br /> SLP CAI, Accel 8mm Superstock Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Borla Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, 180* Thermostat, B&M Ripper Shifter<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird</a>

Comment

Painted the intake manifold black, not green, and "3800 Series II" is the blue color like on the valve covers, all that is left is the alternator. No green on engine anywhere, just black and blue accents.
          C. Boney<br />1997 Firebird 3.8L V6<br />---------------------<br />Modifications:<br /> <br /> SLP Cold Air Induction, Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Carsound 3\" High Flow Cat, Sweet Thunder 24\" Chambered Muffler, Removed Rear Exhaust Section, Custom Fan Switch, 35th Anniv. Silver Stripes, Old T/A-Style Silver Sail Birds

Comment

any pics yet????

Comment

pics please :D

Comment

I am starting a project like that this weekend. Using chrome engine paint from walmart on the intake manifold, alternator, and water pump. Blue hoses and fusebox voer. I will have pics by the beggining of next week hopefully.
                James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

Pictures being developed tomorrow, will post soon. Final painting scheme was:

Intake Manifold: Black w/Blue "3800 Series II"
                  Throttle Body: Black
                  1LE Intake Elbow: Blue
                  SLP CAI: Original Black Powder Coat
                  Fuse Box Cover: Blue
                  Fuel Lines: Blue (Not Flex Tube Surrounding)
                  Alternator: Unpainted but will be blue
                  Valve Covers: Blue
                  Exhaust Manifolds: 1500* Black Header Paint
                  Front of Engine (Around Pulleys): Black
                  Hoses: Coated in Black Rubberized Heat Paint (1000*)
                  Pulleys: Soon to Be Blue
                  Coil Bracket: Blue
                  Thermostat Cover: Blue

Comments are welcome, I would like to know what everyone thinks because I worked hard on it and I think it looks pretty good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X