Touchless car washes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchless car washes

I saw where someeone recently mentioned going through a "touchless" car wash. Just wondering if anyone else uses those washes.

I don't use the touchless car washes for several reasons:

A. GM recommends against it, especially for T Tops. The "frameless" window/door design can't really handle the pressure either.

B. Does not clean as well.

C. The extreme pressure strips off waxes/polishes.

Of course, that's just me and my opinion.

I'd like to hear any other comments.

Thanks!
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

If you mean powerwashing, go for it. I used to do that weekly ( because I was lazy [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).
    The only thing I believe GM does not recommend it for is using the high pressure for the t-tops. For everything else, you can use the high pressure for. Just not on the t-tops because it can create leaking. I recommend it :D
    <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

I normally use it just when im here at school..to clean bird crap off etc., ive only actually washed my car one time here at college, i normally take the 2hr drive home to wash it right instead, i hate the powerwashers because they dont clean worth a damn and get your shammy all dirty...it works good just for a rinse off though!!!
      <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

in vero there's a touchless car wash and i really like it.... i don't have t-tops though. it cleans it really well! but recently i put rear inserts on my car and didn't realize they needed some more time to stick in there and it blew them right off! but it cleans great... the ONE and ONLY time i ever used a car wash with brushes was at an Amaco gas station and i got severeal new scratches on the side from the F**King brushes
        <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I use them ocasionally, but nothing is going to be better than washing it yourself, then again, when I'm feeling lazy, I use them. [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]
          <b>2002 NHRA Trans Am</b><br />SLP Lid<br />SLP Loudmouth

Comment

I have to use them. I don't have a hose hook up @ my apartment :( I usually take a bucket & my wash mitt & Wet the car down & wash by hand & rinse. When I'm all done I use my chamois & It's ALL CLEAN!!!

Comment

I HATE BRUSH WASHES!!!! They scratched the s**t out of my 'bird. I prefer hand washing just because it gives a much better shine and you know that it is clean. But around here I usually just go to a laser wash, chamios it, and put a little hand wax on for a perfect shine.
              1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

It sounds like some people might be confused by the so-called "touchless" car washes. They are the most common type down here now (the spinning brushes kind are disappearing here).

I really don't like them because they are so harsh on the finish of the car.

I have two really hyper little kids, so it is practically impossible for me to hand wash here (unless I do it at 10PM and they kinda frown on that in Boca). I can only dream of having the time to do Zaino.

The wash place I go to is the kind that has the soft cloths hanging down gently swishing back and forth.

Comment

I use them durring winter. GM was right about the T-top thing also *soaked pasenger nods his head inagreement* They are nice and quick but I always bring a towel to dry me not the car [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

Hey, Project X - you're from North Dakota!

Off topic, but:

I used to work at Disney World and met people from all over the US and the world. In my area we had this running joke that North Dakota did not really exist because no one had ever met a visitor ("Guest" in Disney-speak) from the great state of North Dakota. It took three years from the time we started the joke until the day when we finally found a North Dakota guest. We took their picture and gave them some Disney Dollars as a prize.

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Everglades W68 ]</p>

Comment

LOL yeah I am stationed here. I am here and still can't beleive how different it is. THe bigger cities are ok but man are there some small ones like 96% of them.
                      James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X