Anyone use the T Tops sunshades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the T Tops sunshades?

I was interested if anyone uses the T Top sunshades. I've never used mine even once. I wonder when / why people use them. Very rarely, a noontime drive on an extremely sunny day will make me wonder what it would be like to use the shades. Other than that, I've never even thought about the things.

What about you folks in cold areas? Maybe they help keep the heat in? Any other uses or maybe some people just like them?
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

I bought them for my car. I believe that when you want sun shining in your car then you can take the tops off. Otherwise, it calls for a lot of unneeded heat inside the car. That's MO anyways [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

I have been known to use mine every now and then but not much. If the sun is shining alot then they are handy but don't ever take the effort to put them in. Main reason I don't is cause at night I'll have to take them out again and I LOVE having the street lights shine through the T-tops while you drive. Nothing can beat that!!!!
      1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

everyday, the only time i take them off is when it rains cuz it looks badazz, but any other time i just take em off...
        merlin
        2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

During the summer, I generally leave them in. Here in Alabama it gets very hot and if they are out, it's almost unbearable to get in the car during the day.
          1997 Arctic White 3.8L Firebird A4<br /> T-Tops, Y87, W68<br /> SLP CAI, FlowMaster<br />2002 Black/Black Trans Am A4<br /> T-Tops, WS6

Comment

Starting this week they have been put in for the summer again. Having my car sit in the middle of Virginia Tech's massive parking lot all day gets my car way too toasty with out the shades in. I have had way too many things melt in my car. And it does make a difference in the temp when they are in, versus when they are out.
            Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

I use mine during the summer months only..Its gets a little warm here...it really hurts when the CLOTH seats burn your @ss [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Comment

I use mine in the winter. It snows really bad here in utah. I dont like to look up and see a bunch of snow on my roof so I use the ttop shades. I think it helps to when its real cold outside it keeps it insulated and the inside of car stays warmer. I use mine only in winter

Comment

if i had t-tops i would use them like i use my windshield shade...to keep the car cool during the day.... when i get in the car take-em off. sometimes i guess they would be hard to take off but i would add fabric handles or something to make it easier.....

next stopp..... car dealership to get car WITH t-tops! :D
                  <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I always use mine the only time that I take mine out is when I am out lookin @ the stars with a girl or somethin. They love them.
                    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

During winter they are out, summer they are in [img]smile.gif[/img] It makes a considerable difference with the temp of the inside of the car with theshades in when trying to deal with the hot sun of Florida. They are so easy to take in and out that I don't mind doing either [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      ~Jennifer~<p>« Black 2002 WS6 » <br />¤ Flowmaster 80 <br />¤ Painted Calipers | Black / Silver Decals<br />¤ 5% Tint | All Around<br />¤ Zaino | =)

Comment

I'm about to buy some for my new t-tops. Its gonna be supremely hot this summer without them I fear, and I found a great set.

-Mike
                        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

I never use my shades, there collecting dust in the garage.
                          2000 Black T/A M6 343rwhp 349rwtq<br />11.94 @ 118 60\'1.79 Stock Internal<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00</a> <br />AIM: W68Firebird97<br />R.I.P... Christine 12/25/02 <br />1997 Firebird W68 Black<br />14.887 @ 90.08

Comment

Interesting responses. I never put them in because I enjoy the views so much. As far as heat while parked, it gets so hot no matter what that I never have bothered. It also seemed like just extra clutter in the back to carry them around. I also have a custom car cover that does a pretty good job at keeping the car a little cooler when I have to park in full sun.
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I need to buy some really bad. If i have my t-tops on and run my ac(because its so frickin hot in AZ)it can get hot if the sun shines through the t-tops
                              \'96 red firebird M5<br />t-tops, fully loaded<br />New rear-end with disc brakes and 3:42\'s, foglights, 2001 firebird emblems, slp cai, high flow cat, mtx sub

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X