polsihing underhood items(loochy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polsihing underhood items(loochy)

ok well my interest has grown to wanting to polish hood struts and maybe just some small minor stuff, i understand i need 1000 and 200 grit sandpapr, but do you do the whole process by hand and sandpaper, i have a dremel if you use the dremel what tips/etc do i need, i have a fairly chepaer model dremel but i also hava good drill if needed, could yall send me in the right direction!! thanks chet

theres a thing about this on here somewhere.. ill find it gimmie a min
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

http://www.freewebtown.com/Loochy88/polishedalt.htm
      dunno if itll help or not but yeah...
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

well i went to the store and bought 120,320 and 1000 grit sandpaper, i MIGHT do my alt. after seeing that!! i also bought some stones etc etc for my dremel, not sure what he means by polishing wheel! so u do this by hand? is it that hard by hand! i will def. be doing hood struts which should be easy by hand, but i dunno bout the alt. by hand/dremel!

Comment

its all about how nice you want it to look. most can be done without even using a dremel. i usually start somewhere in the 300 range on the paper, and work up to 2000. then you just polish it with mothers wheel polish or neverdull or soemthing. the alternator is the only thing i used a dremel on. there are a ton of different bits for it, use something rough to take off the texture on the alternator, and get it as smooth as you can. then find something more fine so smooth it out, then sand it by hand as best you can. it takes A LOT of time. i worked on it over several days, and i finally got it looking how i liked it.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

polishing wheel is well a polishing wheel....umm they have them at hardware stores, they make small ones for the dremel or big ones that go into your drill and then you get different polishes for different types of metal....damn that post was like 2yrs old...how'd you find it

edit: oh ya I remember what wheel I was talking about, it was just about a pumice stone very soft but smoothed everything out great, it says "polishing wheel" on it and is hanging with all the other dremel accesories.....it worked great, wish I would've found it first, I couldda skipped all of the steps I said; but, you live and learn.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X